Anyone have fierostore mudflaps? by tom10122
Started on: 01-10-2017 02:22 PM
Replies: 6 (282 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 01-17-2017 10:16 PM
tom10122

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live off a dirt road so any time it rains and I take her out I'm guaranteed to get mud on the sides. Do they actually work? Anyone have pics on a gt?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 87 GT came with generic mudflaps that the previous owner installed. I bought the FIERO stamped ones from the fiero store to replace them. Have yet to install them, but there is no pre-drilled holes, so you'll be able to position them any way you think is best to serve their purpose.
I do wish we had a molded variety available, but the fiero store offering is nice and thick so I expect them to do the trick.
Original GM splash guards are also available on eBay in black or white, both with contrasting fiero letters on them.

These are the generic flaps on mine. Wasn't crazy for the way they were positioned, but they probably deflect more this way and it would be extra coverage for my oversized rear tires.

[This message has been edited by viperine (edited 01-10-2017).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do they attach? Drill holes in the mudflap and use the same screws which secure the wheelwell liner?

I've thought about getting them since they have a very 80s vibe but I won't use them if it involves drilling any holes on the car itself.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will be drilling holes into the flaps themselves. You could probably install these at the holes that the fender liner attached, however you will need to source the longer screws with the same thread pitch as the liner fasteners. No hardware included with the flaps.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I have the Fiero Store Flaps. I took white out and put blobed a bunch on the heads of the screws that hold the fender liner on the rear... Had my buddy line them up so the bottom was parallel to the ground and touch it to the wet paint. They look really good IMO. They aren't as wide as the stock rear tires though, if I were to mount them again, I would have made them stick out a bit further, as well as a bit higher. They are too close to the ground and scrape when pulling into the driveway.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 01-15-2017).]

ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to have a pair that were fitted for the rear. I may still have them in a box somewhere.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

You will be drilling holes into the flaps themselves. You could probably install these at the holes that the fender liner attached, however you will need to source the longer screws with the same thread pitch as the liner fasteners. No hardware included with the flaps.

Yes, and position them as far to outside as possible or looks right. I had a set on one of the 84s.

Been a long time ago, but IIRC, I seem to remember removing the screws from the liner and slipped the flaps up behind the liner, positioned the flap and then drilled a small hole thru the flap. Don't hold me to that--been over 10 years ago.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock