Fiero Treasure by ScottsProjects
Started on: 01-10-2017 02:12 AM
Replies: 12 (567 views)
Last post by: theogre on 01-13-2017 09:05 AM
ScottsProjects

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScottsProjectsSend a Private Message to ScottsProjectsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I was working on my 1988 Ponitac Fiero I found a lot of treasure underneath my seats. I thought it would be fun to share the treasure we have found while working on our Fieros. I made a couple of YouTube videos showing what I found.

1988 Pontiac Fiero Driver Seat Treasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap4CMnMIaC0&t=26s

1988 Pontiac Fiero Passenger Seat Treasure :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxdksPHpWkE&t=116s
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting but doesn't compare to the box that was discovered in a previous owners car that was reported on a few year back. That box contained a variety of dildos and ass plugs and the car was owned by a guy. Hmmmmm! What was he doing with that stuff? Draw your own conclusion.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 01-10-2017).]

railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, when I got my '87 GT I found several 10mil pesos (paper money) in the sunvisor!
Little did I know back then (1989) what the value was so I gave them to my kids to play with.......

Latest find in my '88 GT was two perfectly wrapped toothpicks and a gas receipt from an Arizona truck stop dated 1989!
Disappointing to say the least.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis, I think that ”treasure” crossed the line from interesting to disgusting.

Scott, welcome aboard! I found about $2 in US change, a deutchmark (I think, it had one type of metal for the inner coin, and a larger ring of a different type of metal around it), an iphone, and some worn small-dollar currency ($2, $3 bills) under the seats in a truck. My Fiero had fingernail clippings (hopefully that's what they were), lots of pens, some AA batteries, used gum, a thumb drive, intimate pics of a girl in an envelope, and a large fake bill with both George and Martha Washington on it. The last bill was in plastic, but all crumpled up. My all-time favorite thing I found in a car was a loaded pistol. Well, derringer.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 01-10-2017).]

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, finding a $3 bill is a treasure!
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2017 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when changing out the interior--found 5.00 in various coins under driver seat (now it can be adjusted) under the passenger seat I found a can of tobacco (I gave it up in 2008)--the can was dated 98

------------------
Pat Jones

robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2017 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I found lotto tickets, coins, clippers, past owner pictures.....alot of other stuff and even old candy.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2017 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Formula parts car had a bunch of broken glass and one or two pairs of earrings. (P/O was a 17 yo girl, who had stuffed it into a dirt bank.)
Other than that... nothing remarkable.

The car that Dennis mentioned, above, I thought also contained a bunch of... "adult" videos. I could be mistaken.

FWIW, when I used to fix cop car radios, one of my co-workers found a bag of weed in a cop car. Under the front seat. But that's a whole 'nother story.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-11-2017).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ScottsProjects:

When I was working on my 1988 Ponitac Fiero I found a lot of treasure underneath my seats.

I'll tell you right now... the best treasures are often hidden down inside the center console. People use the twin ashtrays to store things (other than butts and ashes), but plenty of stuff falls down below. Most people are too lazy to take the console apart to recover fallen items, so they build up over the decades! I've got quite a pile of coins that I've retrieved out of seven Fieros over the last 20 years.

I brought two 88's up from Washington State to BC a few years ago. The duke parts car had a crack pipe down inside the console (glad the border agents didn't find it!), but the Formula had something a little nicer. It was actually in the storage compartment, but I found a key ring with a fob on it from the Pontiac dealership in Knoxville Tennessee where this Formula had been sold when brand new. (The name on the fob matched the name on the decklid decal.) I think it's kind of neat that the dealership fob has been in this car since '88, and has traveled with the car all this time and all the way from Knoxville, Tennessee in the States to Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. The fob continues to reside in the storage compartment. I figure it should stay with the car as long as it's still rolling.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-12-2017).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a note, some CLR and Resolve will get that all cleaned up!!!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

Wow, finding a $3 bill is a treasure!

Just to add to my dad's collection of oddities. He has all the bill denominations, 1-5.
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not exactly thread relevant....But Years ago I was living in Alameda and at 9-10pm a girl came ripping up the street in a car- type escapes me- But anyway, she wrecked it, running into a couple of cars on both sides of the street then just missing my Fiero in the driveway and hitting some italian cypresses....The car was a mess, and she ended up in the back of a cop car...the cops were searching the car and trying to get the story; Seems she was mad at her BF, got drunk and stole his car! So the police find a GUN under the front seat.....a few minutes later a car comes rolling up and a guy hops out of the passenger seat, moaning "My CAR!!!"....The cop(with the gun) walks up to him and asks, "Is this your car?" to which he replies, "Yes, that is my car!" vigorously nodding his head....and then the cop pulls the gun from behind his back and asks, "Is this your gun?" to which the guy replies "NO!!!" while vigorously shaking his head...There was quite a crowd by this time- they HAD witnessed the finding of the gun- and we ALL busted up laughing....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 01-12-2017).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2017 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tweezers are one that go inside the case on some Swiss Army knives.

pull the console to more change etc.
Often a lot of stuff is under the shifter and can cause problem w/ shifter and cables to it.
AT shifter has 2 cables. See my Cave, Auto Shifter

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock