Red or Red? by Daryl M
Started on: 01-06-2017 12:48 AM
Replies: 3 (300 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 01-06-2017 11:16 AM
Daryl M

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daryl MSend a Private Message to Daryl MEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was out and about with my wife today. (driving my Buick Verano) We were passed by a red, late model Corvette. I mentioned to my wife that the Corvette was the color I wanted our project Fiero to be. She asked what the color was called. I just looked it up and it is fate. The color is called "Mille Miglia Red". My name is Daryl Miglia. Yup, Fate!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
andreww

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never liked the original reds used on Fieros. Just not bright enough.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corvette has always had a thing about naming their colors after famous race tracks. Daytona Yellow, LeMans Blue, Goodwood Green....I always liked the Anniversary Red myself.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although I really like the color red, I know that a certain group of "public officials" like it even more....But that definitely seems like fate!

Years ago, at NAS Alameda, they ran out of black paint when numbering the red roll-aways, so they used gray. Something about those colors and how our eyes see color made it seem like the numbers were vibrating...I suspect that not all people see this affect.....Try doing this in Excel...It worked best with outline letters, but my latest Excel doesn't have the outline letters.......This all leads up to me wanting a red car with gray graphics.....It would look so cool.....parked on the side of the road.....while I'm waiting for my ticket.....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 01-06-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock