Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Whats the part number for the AC delco coil for 87 GT ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whats the part number for the AC delco coil for 87 GT ? by robert1234
Started on: 01-02-2017 07:42 PM
Replies: 7 (233 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 01-06-2017 11:57 AM
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2017 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some sites say it D503A others say its BS-3005
What is the original part number ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2017 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2017 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks !
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The AC Delco number is D503A. This is not the same as the "GM" number. I work for an AC Delco warehouse
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 569
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless you find real old NOS parts....
Most GM and ACDelco parts will be made in Mexico, China, etc under low bid contractors.
Your paying premium for name. ACDelco is car world equivalent to Sears Kenmore that just rebrand Whirlpool etc.

Wells make many US parts but not sure about HEI coils etc.
Stant makes many caps for car makers and move to Mexico years ago but I only use Stant cap when I can. (Most Store brands are MotoRad. Is OK but isn't exact match and may not fit.)

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 01-05-2017).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As for auto parts quality will very no matter where it is made.

Just because it is not made here does make it junk and if it is here does not make it bullet proof.

I deal much with part quality at work and know first hand the quality of many parts is no longer based on orrigin.

What scares me is too many people assume what is made in China and Mexico is crap while often it is as good as anywhere else. That is how they are stealing our lunch and eating it right now.

Many plants anymore employ in house Americans that over see quality control and keep them from short cuts.

Trust me if Mexico can make you 70 inch tv and China you smart phone they can make a simple auto part.

I am all buy American but never assume on quality anymore. I am in no way in support of imported parts but we all need to be aware they have in most areas caught up with us in quality and pose an even more of a threat than they have.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 01-05-2017).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 569
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:
Just because it is not made here does make it junk and if it is here does not make it bullet proof.
I deal much with part quality at work and know first hand the quality of many parts is no longer based on orrigin.

What scares me is too many people assume what is made in China and Mexico is crap while often it is as good as anywhere else. That is how they are stealing our lunch and eating it right now.

Many plants anymore employ in house Americans that over see quality control and keep them from short cuts.

Trust me if Mexico can make you 70 inch tv and China you smart phone they can make a simple auto part.

I am all buy American but never assume on quality anymore. I am in no way in support of imported parts but we all need to be aware they have in most areas caught up with us in quality and pose an even more of a threat than they have.
I know that.
MotoRad makes most part in the US and I don't use them because of problems above.
Example: Fiero Tstat cover doesn't works on all Fiero but Stant does work. GM made changes Tstat housing for 87-88 L4 and MotoRad caps won't fit. New Stant cap still fits like OE because Stant Made/Makes caps for GM Ford and others.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hyperv6:

I know that.
MotoRad makes most part in the US and I don't use them because of problems above.
Example: Fiero Tstat cover doesn't works on all Fiero but Stant does work. GM made changes Tstat housing for 87-88 L4 and MotoRad caps won't fit. New Stant cap still fits like OE because Stant Made/Makes caps for GM Ford and others.[/QUOTE]

Don't take it personal it was just a general post. So many people on the web and get hung up over where something is made as to the quality. You just can't tell anymore as no one place is better than the others.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock