Started on: 12-26-2016 08:11 AM
Replies: 16 (1044 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-26-2017 06:28 PM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(not mine) B-J Scottsdale Auction - January 14-22

http://www.barrett-jackson....PONTIAC-FIERO-202227

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-26-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
22,000 miles. Wonder what it'll go for.

Brad
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the same car and same photos of the pace car that sold for 5500 at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas this year.
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

alcazar88

148 posts
Member since Mar 2008
I should have added that it also has the same VIN and even though it is driven regularly with 32 year old tires to keep it running well, it has the same mileage, 22,000.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm, Dad is gonna be there.....
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

Looks like the same car and same photos of the pace car that sold for 5500 at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas this year.

Yup http://www.barrett-jackson....IERO-PACE-CAR-198639
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the claim of only 200 manual transmissions has been discredited. The split is more like 50/50

It's a nice car, shame that the prices are still dirt cheap for a nice Indy.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cannot stand that Manual Transmission lie. Records show so far it is 50/50 Rick B

Total cars on this list minus first 4 equals "451"
Parade/Festival cars found "16"
With Automatics "222"
With Manual "217"
No trans listed "12"
Canadian "27"
Destroyed/Salvaged "27"
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sold $10,450 That's more than I thought it would go for.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The values are rising!
MrMWS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMWSSend a Private Message to MrMWSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RossT:

sold $10,450 That's more than I thought it would go for.

Price states "including buyers commission". Still, not a bad price
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a video clip of the Indy when it was on the block?

It would be interesting to hear what the commentators were saying.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barrett Jackson will most likely cut to a commercial promoting Barrett Jackson products as soon as the FIERO comes up on the block.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pondering sending my 88 Mera thru a major collector car auction like this one day. I know one or more of these auctions happen in Indianapolis. Probably the closet one to me. I'm fairly sure my red Mera would get TV time. I see so many Corvettes, Mustangs, Cameros and such I think they would like to put on something different. I'm sure my 88 Mera would be desired for TV time because it is a true American car and not a kit car. I'm sure they look for cars that help their TV ratings. I might get less for it (who knows) but I would have the one time satisfaction of seeing it on TV at a major collector car auto auction. I would have to trailer it. A lot of work and hassle probably. I would have to really detail it also. I have my Mera history display boards on 2 easels for the couple of days prior to the auction when buyers walk around looking at the cars to be sold.

Rodney Dickman
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seem to remember a MERA a few years back on a Mecum Auction. They cut to commercial when it was on deck and when they returned it was gone and no mention of it's selling or not was given. Later on line it was listed as 'reserve not met'. If you decide to auction it be sure you have a 'I can live with it' reserve.

A friend of mine took an original, numbers matched, fully documented Baldwin Motion Mako Shark to Barrett Jackson last year -- His car was the one just before the Burt Reynolds 'Bandit'. I don't think his car got 15 seconds of air time or mention because they were drooling all over Burt. If the auctioneer is not excited you are doomed.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I seem to remember a MERA a few years back on a Mecum Auction. They cut to commercial when it was on deck and when they returned it was gone and no mention of it's selling or not was given. Later on line it was listed as 'reserve not met'. If you decide to auction it be sure you have a 'I can live with it' reserve.

A friend of mine took an original, numbers matched, fully documented Baldwin Motion Mako Shark to Barrett Jackson last year -- His car was the one just before the Burt Reynolds 'Bandit'. I don't think his car got 15 seconds of air time or mention because they were drooling all over Burt. If the auctioneer is not excited you are doomed.

I'm sure there's a bit of arm twisting by B-J to put cars up with "no reserve" and maybe hype how much it will sell for to do so.
I'm sure sometimes they give a number out 'We can get you between this and that - but for sure at least this much."

A few years back a Hemi-Cuda owner sued B-J when his car sold for less than auction. At the time these cars were selling in 6 figures.
They may have told him something like "We can get at least $110,000 for it" and it sold with no reserve for less.
http://www.bizjournals.com/...8/01/07/daily45.html

I ALWAYS see vehicles selling for a lot less than it would cost to build.
While the buyer is celebrating onscreen, the seller is likely crying in a back room.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-20-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mecum just sold a red GT that looked nice. It went for $8000...which I thought was way high.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock