Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Gauging interest, possibly selling Fastback parts car.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gauging interest, possibly selling Fastback parts car. by Fats
Started on: 12-25-2016 07:26 PM
Replies: 2 (174 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 12-26-2016 10:43 AM
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a decent 86 GT that I purchased to do the notchie with GT taillight conversion with, but probably will never have the time and the car will end up sitting until it's not worth having.

The car has minor front end damage, but is a garage kept 87 with low mileage. Tail Lights are in good shape. Sail windows are in good shape. Trunk seal has normal tear in it. No rust on the car aside from normal rust on the mounts for the water lines under the car. The car is dirty from sitting.

Car runs, has the 14" rims. Interior is grey, sunroof and spoiler are all in good shape. Power windows, locks and mirrors.

The car could probably be easily repaired and driven, or the body swapped onto a non wrecked Fiero. Clear title on car.

Without pictures, because I'm not where I can get photos at the moment, what price range are we talking? I don't have time to part it out, so that's not an option for me.

Brad
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valuing a parts car is always a tricky proposition because the sum of the parts always exceeds the value of the whole car. Generally speaking, I would never pay more than $500 for a wrecked parts car. However, with fastback taillights in high demand I would pay a bit more for a car with nice ones.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Valuing a parts car is always a tricky proposition because the sum of the parts always exceeds the value of the whole car. Generally speaking, I would never pay more than $500 for a wrecked parts car. However, with fastback taillights in high demand I would pay a bit more for a car with nice ones.

Must agree that valuing a parts car is difficult but it sounds as though you might have something that runs. If it does then its worth more. If its just sold for parts then I would say the up to $500 price is on the money. If the car frame is sound and runs then you might be in the $1k + market. Unfortunately the demand for 85-87 Fiero GT's is light and the prices reflect this

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock