Who owns the v8 Fiero in this video? by Horse
Started on: 12-24-2016 05:52 AM
Replies: 10 (828 views)
Last post by: Jim88GT on 12-27-2016 10:21 AM
Horse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone tell me who owns the v8 Fiero in this video? Or what drive train it has in it?
https://www.youtube.com/embed/u1lQfU2Has8

[This message has been edited by Horse (edited 12-24-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe both of those beauties belong to AlexFormula here he is in Florida. The red one is a V8 the white one is an 88 GT and has a 3800 SC motor in it. Both very well done

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Port St.Lucie, Florida
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

Horse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

I believe both of those beauties belong to AlexFormula here he is in Florida. The red one is a V8 the white one is an 88 GT and has a 3800 SC motor in it. Both very well done

Pete

I have studied this video and it looks like the white one takes off first then the red one just blows it away, you can see the red one is manual shift as he runs down the highway and there is a slight pause then it goes faster with the gear changes. This shows that the driver is babying the car by not slamming the gears so it must be the owner driving it. Hard to believe the white one is a 3800 supercharged because they both appear to be floored though out the duration of video unless its not running right. Or is there really that much difference in the power between a 3800 supercharged and a v8? I was considering a 3800 swap but this video has been a deterrent for me.

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just think they were making a video to show the cars honestly. He owns both cars as I recall you can ask him yourself he is on here. I would think the two motors would be pretty close in performance the SC motor is quite quick as I have ridden in two of them. the 88 3800 he has is really a beautiful car. I think his name is actually Alex4mula or something like that..

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Port St.Lucie, Florida
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex4mula is on pff so you could ask him the "conditions" for the video. //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000084-3.html

Last I knew, his SBC/F40 combo had 304 whp / 367 wtq (from link above, but that was 10 years ago). I think the purpose of the video was to show the acceleration from a roll for his SBC Fiero. I don't think the white car did any accelerating, it was just there to take the video.

You can build the 3800SC to 300+ whp and at the power level will perform in a similar fashion. There are videos of 3800SC beating SBCs too or you can just look at the 1/4 mile list to see the potential for both combos, but you should also recognize that an automatic transmission is better for 1/4 mile racing. There are not very many people that were unhappy with their 3800SC swap, but many have wanted more and went turbo.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070670.html

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 12-24-2016).]

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe Alex sold the white car to longtime forum member brygida.
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chuck Isanthaler (sp) has a turbo red coupe.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes those are cars I built. I sold the white GT about 2+yrs ago. Both were floored at that clip. No gimmick. Torque is king. The TPI V8 puts a lot of it. I never dynoed the 3800SC but if I remember correctly it ran 13.8s at the 1/4mi when I tested it (there's a video too of it). I have seen SBCs V8s with similar power as mine running 12s (never had chance to take mine). So there is a significant difference in power so not a fair 1 to 1 comparison. The TPI V8 torque is low end and brute. The 3800sc is more finesse. Yes you can build a 3800sc to beat any other engine. For a daily driver Fiero I would take a 300hp/300tq 3800sc any day. Lovely and balanced combo for the car. These cars has no traction control like the new HiPo cars so when you get above that you better know what you are doing. You will be happy with either if V8 rumble is not your thing
lou

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was driving the red car in the video posted above. We were traveling at 70mph on the turnpike, he takes off in the white car then I take off. The white car is NOT a slow car:

Screen captures of that video, Alex4mula@ Moroso 13.74 Taken by myself.

Here is the video:

[This message has been edited by lou (edited 12-26-2016).]

Horse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies, I'm going with a v8 setup.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent choice
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock