14" Fiero wheels by Daryl M
Started on: 12-17-2016 10:20 PM
Replies: 6 (305 views)
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 12-18-2016 12:17 PM
Daryl M

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2016 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daryl MSend a Private Message to Daryl MEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there much demand for 14" Fiero wheels? I have 4 with old tires still mounted, that I don't want. What are they worth? Anybody need them? I am in Scottsdale, Az.
Thanks,
Daryl
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worth? Unless the rims look very good to new... Not much. And cost to ship will kill most deals. Your shipping about 75lb for just rims.
Main people would buy rims are restoring to factory spec. Many want 15in or bigger and can get local used and new.

Old Tires are mostly worth nothing. Depend where and how lomg stored etc can be dangerous to use them. Left on dirt/grass can destroy them.

Scrap is around $25 for 4 rims but you must remove the tires.
Most trash co's won't take tires.
Many tire stores etc will but for a fee.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 12-18-2016).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Around here aluminum rims don't bring as much per pound as aluminum cans. They said it was a different kind of aluminum. They go for about $25 at the local pullaparts yards.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 12-18-2016).]

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be in the same boat next spring. Picked up some Cavalier Z24 wheels and will be ditching my 14" factory wheels. Even with the nearly brand new BFG Advantage T/As mounted, I don't expect to get much at all.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem is that 14" tires are nearly unavailable.....so nobody wants the wheels.
Daryl M

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daryl MSend a Private Message to Daryl MEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty much what I thought, but it never hurts to ask.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put them for $125 on craigslist. Take the first $80 or better offer. If they hold air, you might get lucky with someone needing rollers to get a car home or mobile. My brother ran my old set on his neon after having issues with the stock neon wheels bending.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock