Started on: 12-09-2016 05:28 PM
Replies: 13 (694 views)
Last post by: hoddy on 12-16-2016 03:57 PM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
** second trip to the yard added to this post **

I noticed that my local Pink n Pull had a 87 Fiero on the lot, only been out for a day. I figured that most folks will be working and picking this weekend so I took a trip up to check it out. Turns out it was an 87 GT. I was hoping for a base coupe because I'm looking for a clean set of coupe door skins, anyway I walk up and the first thing I do is check out the GT tail lights. They were PERFECT. no cracks and only a small amount of delam (and I'm not even going to tell you how much I paid) :-) So I pulled them, and then started to walk around the poor thing. I say that because she was loved and well cared for. Very clean interior, and only 117K miles on her. Until she got hit.

Did Pontiac offer a leather-vinyl and cloth option for seats in 87? I really liked the seats but the driver side did have the usual wear on the bolster (and being hit on the side made opening the door impossible). I don't think the seats were Mr. Mikes, because I don't recall him doing them in leather/vinyl and cloth

Any way I pulled the GT wheel and the tail lights. Also got a few switch's and trim and the door cards. Getting the drivers side off without being able to open the door was a pain. I knew I could do it because i've done it before on my LS3 car. The door latch broke and I had to take off the door panel without opening the door. This one was a lot more difficult because the door was pushed against the seat. A lot of push-pulling finally got it free.

I also scored a Saturn Ion Red Line spoiler off a 2005. Some ass-hat took the supercharger off the motor but left the rest. Car has a 2.0 Ecotec w/ F23 5 speed and he only take off the supercharger. I'd love to pull that motor and rebuild it. But I just don't have the time.

Put the spoiler on the back of my GT. Not bad, I bet it would look great on a coupe.

Cheers.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 12-16-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has 88 wheels....

did you get the VIN?

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 12-09-2016).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good find!
Those seats look like the optional 88 GT leather seats. Perforated seating surfaces, etc.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's no 88, I can see by the calipers.

It's still a damn shame. Poor thing.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I saw the wheels too (only one front) but there is no doubt is an 87. Like I said, the owner took care of it. 88 wheels and I think the seats are 88 GT also.

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 12-09-2016).]

robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need the seats !
Are they still there ?
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robert1234:

I need the seats !
Are they still there ?

They look nice.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
If it is an 88 get the rack they are getting hard to find.
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice haul.

I really like that spoiler. It may be 'rice-ish' for some, but I think that would really look sharp.
Fiero 88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rice.1:
'rice-ish'

Name checks out.

I like the wing too though. Nice haul.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great find! Those are exciting days when you find a good one! PM sent!
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2016 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heading back tomorrow before the weekend crew hits the yard. Hope to find a few things I forget I needed. Hope the idiots have stayed away, you know, those guys who break things just because they can.

Rob

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2016 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was 21 degrees when I woke up this morning, I figured i'd wait until it got to at least 32 before I hit the yard. About 10:00 or so it made it so I bundled up and headed out. I expected to find a "worked over carcass" but was surprised. The seats were still in it so I pulled them, I also pulled out the trunk carpet, I needed one and forgot to get it last week. I also decided to pull the center console and the shift surround. They were both is such good condition I just had to have them. I still left a lot of good parts behind but i'll leave them for someone else. I have gotten several PM's about the seats, and for now I plan to keep them. But if I do sell them I have a few PM's to send first.

As I was leaving I walked down a new row, one that had been just put out, and found a 94 "25th Anniversary Trans Am" that I think was a flood car. The inside was covered in mold, even the headliner. It did have leather seats and the passenger one is in great shape. The drivers has the typical bolster wear and a small rip on the seam, but I took a chance and bought them. We'll see how they clean up.

Cheers.

- drivers side damage on the 88 leather seats -

- drivers side damage on the Trans Am seat -

hoddy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2016 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Control module for the headlight motors ?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock