Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Replica on '86 Fiero V6 -sold on eBay for $24,600.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Replica on '86 Fiero V6 -sold on eBay for $24,600. by Fiero Vice
Started on: 12-01-2016 04:11 PM
Replies: 14 (738 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2016 10:18 AM
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-01-2016 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like this one was done a pretty good job.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200...c&_trksid=p2047675.l 2557

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 12-01-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty good job on the kit but the drivetrain sux...lol

Crazy to me that they do all that external and internal conversions but don't touch the engine.

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-01-2016 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Crazy to me that they do all that external and internal conversions but don't touch the engine.

Yeah, I agree. I guess it's up to the next owner to take it to the next level.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 12-01-2016).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neat body swap but agree the powertrain needs revision. I just wonder who would pay $24 k for a replicar.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Neat body swap but agree the powertrain needs revision. I just wonder who would pay $24 k for a replicar.

How much would you pay? $24K is a lil over my limit but I wouldn't say never. I have 0 issue with a car being a kit or replica. If it is QUALITY build done right then it's worth some $$$.
When it's al said and done I'll have about $25K in my Fiero restoration parts/labor which is only be worth $5K-$7K. At least with the replica you can get a much higher % of the expense $$$ you put into it back.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

Yeah, I agree. I guess it's up to the next owner to take it to the next level.

I know right. If it were me I would so throw this into it with lambo lettering instead of Fiero...LOL
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2016 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:
I know right. If it were me I would so throw this into it with lambo lettering instead of Fiero...LOL

Very nice! Is that your car?
Dylpro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed on the drivetrain but also not a fan of the colour scheme. I'd prefer the Giallo Hayls or Verde Ithaca. Something that would actually complement the quality of the body conversion. I can't tell if the black from the picture is a matte black or not, looks like it, but I never understood the appeal of a matte paint job. To each their own I suppose.

I had seen a red Countach replica with a SBC for sale around 35k. High attention to detail, nothing looked out of place really. Would've taken a discernible eye to notice it wasn't the real deal at first glance. If the quality is there I wouldn't have a problem buying a replica or kit. But for me I wouldn't have spent 25k on this one with the same engine I got for 3k
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everybody buys a kit and just cannot wait to paint it. 99% of kit cars are painted before the body work is done I find it so annoying.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The worst thing is the orange on it looks pretty good! Why not paint the entire thing that colour instead of that dreadful two tone.
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is orange too but with black wheels and tan and black interior. That's way too much orange for my taste.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatcha think of this stretch Fiero?

Edited: This one is similar to the orange and black one in that it has the Fiero 2.8 engine underneath that plastic V12 engine cover. You can see the intake tube underneath the left throttle body and the thermostat cap underneath the right throttle body.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 12-04-2016).]

Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to the seller. Many kit cars sell for a whole lot less. It looks ready for a LS3.
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin87FieroGT

1202 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Congrats to the seller. Many kit cars sell for a whole lot less. It looks ready for a LS3.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock