Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  i need of new sail panels for fastback ...where are they?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
i need of new sail panels for fastback ...where are they? by winger1955
Started on: 11-17-2016 02:55 PM
Replies: 5 (308 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 11-18-2016 11:35 AM
winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2016 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a red 88gt in need of new sail panel windows. mine have major spider cracks. where do I get them . have not bought any in 8 yrs for an 87gt I had. please steer me down the right path. THANKS.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2016 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's the problem... can't you just amble down to your local Pontiac dealer and pick up a set?

Lots of discussion on this in the forum over the last decade or so.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2016 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
unboundmo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be looking for some too.. Last I heard was there was a mold with the exact curves and spec.. But the printing was an issue to make the matrix perfect with out warpage when the mold is done.. Thinking about it, I wouldn't think the printing would distort all that much... Anyway it's in one of these post on the forum.. Let me find it right quick and I'll edit this post..

Edit to say.. Don't think it's going to work out.. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071955.html

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 11-18-2016).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've used 2 sets from gtfiero in that ebay link. They fit without issues and at least 1 set has been on the car for probably 8 years, the other at least 4. No delamination of the printing where the tape is applied.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris Cooks quarter windows have the original graphics and those are the ones advertised on eBay. . The graphics are excellent and the windows last, but of the two sets that I purchased, one window was about 1/4" too short in the height. The contour is not exactly like the originals but the difference is slight. Best replacements so far.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock