Mr Mikes Seat Cover youtube Video by Fiero Vampire
Started on: 11-15-2016 02:50 PM
Replies: 4 (873 views)
Last post by: Australian on 11-16-2016 03:38 AM
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently ordered a set of seat covers from Mr Mike, which got me searching and I found the following Videos they are not perfect, the guy totally doesn't add the additional padding that come in the kit (Don't worry Mr Mike supplies a DVD or VCR of the steps) but if you wanted to get a basic idea of what is involved they are a good start. fyi the video says it is for a 65 Mustang but they are installing Fiero Seats.

Mr Mike Seat Video Part 1
Mr Mike Seat Video Part 2

Mr Mikes Instructional Page
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple years ago, I encoded Mr. Mike's video so I could put it on my tablet to use while I was doing my seats. I contacted Mike, and told him I could put the video up on you tube, or send it to him to do so. He replied "Do NOT put the video on YouTube". Not sure what the reasoning is, but I never uploaded it.

It sure would make things easier in this day and age to have it on YouTube so you could watch it on your phone or tablet while installing the covers.

I had Mr. Mike right there when I installed his seat covers
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's selling a product, that video and probably more importantly, the knowledge contained with it is part of the product. If you were to put up on ut then you'd be giving away part of his product and probably breaking a bunch of copyright laws as well.
So I can sort of understand his point of view (I think, I could be totally wrong).
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own the seats the the DVD and there are no secrets given out. In fact being on You Tube would be a benefit to Mr Mike as it shows how easy this is and complete the kit is.

I was worried when I went to tackle this but found it easy to do a great job. The keys are just make sure to use the padding and over stuff the bolsters as they will compress. It will keep the wrinkles out after you sit in them for a while. The original foam goes dead and it helps with the added new foam.

The only negatives is if you are not used to doing this kind of work your fingers will be a little sore and pricked from the Hog rings. It is nothing that will not heal.

I have since gone on and done other seats with other kits and factory covers that came out great.

As for the video it is just part of the kit to show you how to put his product on.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 11-15-2016).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr Mike has the strongest fingers in the world lethal touch of death.
I watch as he does a seat in minutes took me and afternoon though till midnight.
Lack of finger strength here but they came out perfect.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock