Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Las Vegas Fiero Drive (in the Spring Time) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Las Vegas Fiero Drive (in the Spring Time) by solman105
Started on: 11-09-2016 11:55 PM
Replies: 101 (2064 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 03-05-2017 11:24 PM
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2017 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fast Red:

My be the best place to get a room is by cars and coffee and the BBQ

The BBQ is at the shop, the other end of town than cars and coffee. So that wouldn't really work.
IP: Logged
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2017 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My be the best place to get a room is by cars and coffee and the BBQ

The circle on the bottom of the map is where we are meeting at 0645 on Saturday for the cars and coffee. The circle up near the top is where the shop is. We will meetup at the shop for the drive which is at 1100 on Saturday and the BBQ is also at 1100 but on Sunday. If you are going to the C&C I would stay at the M resort or around there so I wouldn't have to get up so early for that meeting time. After the drive you can make your way back at a leisurely pace since there is no time line. It will be easy to get up north for the BBQ the next day as well since it's at 1100. If you are not going to the C&C I would find a hotel around the shop to skip that transit and traffic. Saturday night the I15 will be a mess. All the rest of the weekend it'll be fine. Those driving in on it from Cali I'm sure already know about the drive to and from LV on the weekends being heinous.

If staying around the shop, make sure you do a little research on the hotel you choose. Some of those closer to Nellis are little shady. Craig road has plenty that are nice and further south on Nellis Blvrd will get you some better ones as well. I can offer my opinion on any you are interested in if you want to post them up here.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for 4 people maybe 5, it'll be me and a chase car or should I say pick me up in case I break down car.
Fast Red

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who's coming lets get a list

Chris + madison
Larry +steve maybe
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So who's coming lets get a list

Chris + madison
Larry +steve maybe

Chris + madison
Larry +steve maybe
Mike (solman105) +3
Joe (Fiero Vampire) + 4-5
Mike (Darbysan) + 1
Nate (mr_corean +1
Dave (sardonyx247)
Dave's also got a list of others for the bbq.

Sadly, Sunday has pretty much fell through for me; I can't go. My house has decided to start hemorrhage water out of the main line and I need to prep my yard for the plumber. If I get done tearing up my lawn we'll stop by. Sorry , but I save $1000 if I do the work.

[This message has been edited by solman105 (edited 02-27-2017).]

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2017 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to go to this so bad! :-(
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2017 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going
Vito (Vitog44)
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2017 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

vitog44

257 posts
Member since May 2007
I' going
Vito ( Vitog44)
Fast Red

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2017 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are we talking 8 car's
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 cars coming, and we may have more that are not on the forum.
Plus add a mustang too.
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone heard from Archie or Kurt Mylar? Have a way to contact them?

[This message has been edited by mr_corean (edited 03-01-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

Glad you mentioned it, I forget others may have a life and not visit the site all that often, sent Kurt a text message to the phone number I have for him, no response back as of yet, maybe the number is no longer any good. As far as Archie I would assume his website should have his number, what about Fierobsessed?

solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

I contacted Archie via Facebook today; no response as of yet.

Looks like maybe 10 + cars? Should be a good time. I just learned that my ECM goes into panic mode because I don't have a high speed fan so I've got the front end of the car torn apart builidng a circuit. Hopefully I'll test it out tomorrow and it won't catch fire.
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol Well at least I'm not the only one trying to fix things at the last moment, was going to swap out my rims/ tires with a pair that came on my old parts formula, I took the wheels off right after i bought it and had them stacked in the corner of the garage but when I went to grab them the other day I realized the old owner had the tires put on the wrong rims i.e. the wider tires on the smaller rims, anyway still want to see if I can put my lowering springs on the front and get the car aligned on Friday.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2017 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierobsessed knows about it, his car is down but he may still show. I sent out some last min reminders and invites to people. And some will show to the BBQ that have cars down at the moment.
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2017 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contacted Archie. He didn't know about the event . In any case he has a family family commitment for Saturday.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2017 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solman105: I just learned that my ECM goes into panic mode because I don't have a high speed fan so I've got the front end of the car torn apart builidng a circuit. Hopefully I'll test it out tomorrow and it won't catch fire.

Let me know if you need any help.

------------------
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e.

solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2017 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darbysan:

Let me know if you need any help.

Fixed it! Had to consult Ryan at Sinister Performance. Just had to pull the low speed input signal out of the circuit. Going to drive the car to wor tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't catch fire

solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to fix it again!
Almost lost the car on the way home from work due to the fan relays not being wired up right and not kicking on.

See y'all tomorrow at either the AM/PM near the M resort at 6:45 or the clubhouse at 11:00
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2017 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pictures of the drive today (linked for now) and some lessons learned.

The AM/PM that we met up at for the Cars and Coffee event gets extremely crowded around the time we met at (6:45.) I got there around 6:30 and it was dead; I was the only one there. So, in the future, we may want to find somewhere else.

Cars and Coffee is about 50% Corvettes. Though nice cars, it seemed that they had all the best parking spots (under shade.) I recommend bringing sunscreen if you go out there.

Five of our beloved cars represented our community and I we got some good feedback. People got a kick out of some of the motor and body modifications; some couldn't believe that supercharged motors were going in these things. mr_corean's bodywork in progress got good reviews as well.

From one side of town, we temporarily split up to go pick up family, equipment, etc.... and met in the other. All in all, seven Fieros and three chase cars gathered and set off into the Lake Mead Recreational Area and drove 45 miles to what was supposed to be the Harbor House Cafe. I think we went to the wrong restaurant; the one we went to was the BOAT House Cafe. Lunch was good, though the service was a little slow.

The roads back to the shop were open and fun to negotiate. Great times today and the BBQ should be awesome tomorrow.

The image poster is acting up at this moment; I'll add them directly when it becomes available. Until then, here is a link to the Social Media Site and there are some photos there.

Las Vegas Fiero Club Facebook Page

If you want the originals, send me your email address and I'll send them your way.

solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2017 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photos

PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2017 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The BBQ turned out good too, though there was high winds, we had sooooo much food. It was a feast for sure, and good times.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock