Grand Am wheels by Fiero 88
Started on: 11-01-2016 04:08 PM
Replies: 17 (620 views)
Last post by: Quad Raider on 11-20-2016 06:59 PM
Fiero 88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before I'm lynched for posting something that's been discussed a million times, hear me out. I searched a lot of threads and found lots of pics of Grand Am wheels on Fieros but I could not find any pics of this style:

I don't suppose anyone has these on their car and would like to share? Or happen to know a link to some pics of these installed on a Fiero?

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the same wheel, but similar 3 spoke setup:
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^
I don't know why but I really like the look of those on that GT! Are those from a Grand Am too?
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Ryan from Sinister Performance had those wheels on his turbo car at one point.
http://www.gmtuners.com/87fiero/index.htm

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 11-01-2016).]

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics/link. Couldn't find any Grand Am or Beretta wheels around here, but I found and picked up a set of these from an '02 Cavalier. They should look nice when I refinish them in gloss black.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 88:

I don't suppose anyone has these on their car and would like to share?

These aren't quite the same as the Grand Am wheels you pictured, but they're close. They're 16x6 42mm offset Sunfire wheels that I used to run on my '84, and now they're on my Formula. I use a 1" spacer in the back.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-12-2016).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those actally look like Sunfire wheels.
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Those actally look like Sunfire wheels.

The ones Patrick posted are. The ones in my original post are Grand Am, as seen here:

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are Sunfire on my SE

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

These are Sunfire on my SE...

I like your taste in wheels. All you need to do now is to paint those brake calipers red.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its personal choice, but myself im a fan of just anything with 5 spokes. I LOVE American Racing Torque Thrust Ds and early Ferrari. Hate Cragar though, not because of the looks...theyre just junk.
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Its personal choice, but myself im a fan of just anything with 5 spokes

Well, THAT just hurts

------------------
Tim
Bay City, MI

'87 GT original 2.8 V6
All Poly suspension, Eibach springs
Aussie Stage 2 side scoops
Deck scoop, Fiero Warehouse lip spoiler

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 11-18-2016).]

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Its personal choice, but myself im a fan of just anything with 5 spokes.

I like them too, which is why I'm content with the 5 spoke Cavalier wheels I ended up with.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no way I can put a Chevy rim on a Pontiac, that's just so wrong! 😂
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

There is no way I can put a Chevy rim on a Pontiac, that's just so wrong! 😂

But....but...I'll change the center caps!

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always try to find a stock gm wheel when I don't like my car's present offering, and for the most part, I have always preferred Pontiac wheels over Chevy wheels. For my 85 trans am, I used 15x8 snowflakes from a 77 trans am (and ultimately the 17x9 yearone snowflakes), and long pondered the 80 turbo wheels. The Chevy N90 wheels from Monte Carlos are nice, but Pontiac won me by miles here. The one lone exception for me might be the Beretta saw style wheels. They really do look sharp on Fieros. The only reason I haven't bought some, is because I am very picky about symmetry and I hate that one side of the car, the wheels go one way, and they go the other way on the opposite side haha.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C4 Corvettes also had directional 'looking' wheels. You could always buy in pairs so the spokes go the same way. I was told once that was to cool brakes. Its not...has no influence on cooling your brakes...the openings do it just fine.
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 88:

The ones Patrick posted are. The ones in my original post are Grand Am, as seen here:

I like the Grand Am wheels. In fact, I bought a couple to see how they'd look on my Fiero. Then I someone's car on here that had the GTZ wheels and I was hooked. I was driving a GTZ when I decided to get into Fieros, but my GTZ had aftermarket wheels which I didn't care for.

I eventually scored a complete set of GTZ wheels at the salvage for $100, but three of the center caps were gone. Here's a thread about my cheap solution:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095502.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock