Grease for window tracks by tampalinc
Started on: 10-30-2016 02:26 PM
Replies: 9 (765 views)
Last post by: Formula Owner on 11-01-2016 11:55 AM
tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my passenger door skin off to replace the door handle. I decided to clean the window tracks while I was in there. I cleaned the old grease off, but what have people used to re-grease the window tracks? I am hoping this helps speed up my power windows a bit.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have used white grease.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will do the trick. Lube up everything. I used stuff called HHS-K. It's what I used when I worked on Porsches with sunroof track squeeks. I doused my power window stuff with the stuff and they are like rocket ships now. Good luck.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used Sil-glyde, works very well thus far. Be generous and consider hitting the scissor mechanism with wd40 or similar spray.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White lithium grease helped my speed somewhat.

Nelson
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Silicon grease or white .........
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robert1234:
Silicon grease or white .........
Yup.... Many others types will attach the plastic rollers etc and cause major problems down the road.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wish there was a way to do the rollers were on a bearing and actually rolled instead of glided....

[This message has been edited by mmeyer86gt/gtp (edited 10-30-2016).]

bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used marine wheel bearing grease on many window tracks. It doesn't dry out or gum up like white lithium, syl-glide or many other lubricants. A penetrating oil toks well for the pivot. I also use a needle point for grease gun for the rollers. Allows them to rotate on their pivot ball. Will definitely speeds up the windows!!
Hope this helps
Brian!!
Formula Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:
It will do the trick. Lube up everything. I used stuff called HHS-K. It's what I used when I worked on Porsches with sunroof track squeeks. I doused my power window stuff with the stuff and they are like rocket ships now. Good luck.

Where do you get HHS-K?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock