Replies: 30 (1236 views)
Last post by: bjm362 on 07-19-2017 11:43 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may have noticed a message appearing every now and then at the top of the page about considering making a donation to PFF. Well, a lot of you have done just that and I can't begin to express my gratitude! As you may have read in another thread of mine, times are tough and I'm struggling to make ends meet. Lately it seems that all I do is work or sleep and I hardly have time for anything else.

The fact that I haven't personally thanked the people who made a donation, isn't because I'm not grateful. I very much am! In fact, like I said I can't begin to express how thankful I am because your donations really helps a lot!

Also, please don't think I've abandoned PFF because I hardly post anymore. It's simply because I really don't have the time. I do still spend a lot of time maintaining the forum in the background. Make sure it keeps running as smooth as it is and solve problems ASAP as soon as they arise.

Anyway, I would like to thank everybody who has made a donation! You are all lifesavers!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't owe anyone an explanation, my friend. You keep on doing what you need to do to survive. Things will get better in time.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

You don't owe anyone an explanation, my friend. You keep on doing what you need to do to survive. Things will get better in time.

x2!

Thank YOU Cliff!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I look at it like this...

How many friends have I made as a direct result of this forum?

What is the value of a friend?

Cheapest investment I ever made.... Thanks Cliff!

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer? ...............
@NorthTexasFiero , friend us on FB: North Texas Fieros , www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 10-26-2016).]

pro street dave

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No ! Thank you Cliff !
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff, this forum has been a great help.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.9 motor
1985 Honda V65 Magna

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I donate once per year, usually in Q1. I intend to do so again in January 2017. This is not a forum full of endless commercial ads but full of great information. I understand the work and the cost of maintaining and running a website such as this and funds are needed to keep it going.
Here's an idea to get the members mobilized: If a member donates $25 or more a year, they become a supporting member that lists under their name. In other words under forum user name member is replaced with supporting member .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Cliff . Glad to help.
Marc
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to help. This forum has helped me out sooooo much
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Cliff for all that you do for us.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MORE of us should be thanking YOU Cliff !!
If this forum went down, a lot of Fiero owners would be stuck with nowhere to turn!

Keep up the good work....

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-28-2016).]

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thanks to ya Cliff
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Cliff. Ive made many real time friends here that I never would have met without the forum. In spite of the few azzes that are on here too, I still enjoy it although I havent had any Fiero or Fiero based kits in 10 years.
Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2016 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Cliff, if you ever visit your family again please PM so I can take you out for some good eats.
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2016 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks back to you Cliff, we love the forum and would hate to see it or you gone for lack of funds.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The internet without PFF would be a dark and sad place. Thank you Cliff for bringing it to us all those years ago, and I know it has been years, but a personal thank you for the help you gave me in the past on non-Fiero related subjects. You're an fantastic person.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2016 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2016 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The New Year has arrived and my donation will be sent tomorrow 1/1/17. I just hope that other members will realize the importance of making a donation so that this forum can be continued. The tech tips and info here have proven to be an invaluable instruction treatise. Certainly worth $25/ year.
Update: Donation made today 1/2/17. Hopefully it will help keep the forum up and running.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 01-02-2017).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff,

I shall make a donation soon.

Personally I wouldn't mind if you plastered the site with ads, but then again I don't allow Flash to run on my browser so I don't see most of them anyway.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Personally I wouldn't mind if you plastered the site with ads, but then again I don't allow Flash to run on my browser so I don't see most of them anyway.

That would probably finish off PFF. I was on some other forums that did that. The sites went from loading pages in a few seconds to loading pages in a few minutes. Then the ads would change, and the page would re-arrange itself. The ads on PFF are tasteful, but the pages already load slowly.

You do realize that flash is built into most modern browsers, right? Not adobe's version, but a worse version--if that's possible. Supposedly, HTML5 will replace flash, and you'll have no choice...except to run a text browser like lynk.
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First year I donated unfortunately, I did donate twice this year. You could do as an avalanche web site That I use to visit. It displayed a chevy bowtie when members donate at a certain level they also sent out a decorative coin for that same level. This could guilt us in to donating.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

That would probably finish off PFF. I was on some other forums that did that. The sites went from loading pages in a few seconds to loading pages in a few minutes. Then the ads would change, and the page would re-arrange itself. The ads on PFF are tasteful, but the pages already load slowly.

You do realize that flash is built into most modern browsers, right? Not adobe's version, but a worse version--if that's possible. Supposedly, HTML5 will replace flash, and you'll have no choice...except to run a text browser like lynk.

On what type of internet are pages loading slowly?? Dial-up? I agree the clean pages are nice, but every other "free" site I go to is plastered with ads that take a while to load, it's the price you pay for a free site. On Firefox I disabled flash because I hated all those self-playing videos. That crosses a line in my opinion. It has the "unfortunate" side-effect of disabling PFF ads. Not really a good workaround.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

First year I donated unfortunately, I did donate twice this year. You could do as an avalanche web site That I use to visit. It displayed a chevy bowtie when members donate at a certain level they also sent out a decorative coin for that same level. This could guilt us in to donating.

Still say that if you donate it should read "Supporting Member" under your name. That way we all know who the donators are and who the moochers are. As for ads, they are ok as long as they do not overtake the website. I used to frequent one website that overloaded your browser with cookies and ads when you went there. It got to the point that I had to put my tracker, and ad blockers on. Now the website won't even load. Just scratched them off the bookmarks...... done, finished. I don't need their crap overloading my browser. On this site I can see the Fiero Store ads and that's fine with me.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Still say that if you donate it should read "Supporting Member" under your name. That way we all know who the donators are and who the moochers are. As for ads, they are ok as long as they do not overtake the website. I used to frequent one website that overloaded your browser with cookies and ads when you went there. It got to the point that I had to put my tracker, and ad blockers on. Now the website won't even load. Just scratched them off the bookmarks...... done, finished. I don't need their crap overloading my browser. On this site I can see the Fiero Store ads and that's fine with me.

Like a lot of things people can go overboard. If one ad is okay then 100 is better. A thousand is better still. NOT. I think PFF could handle more ads than what it currently has without being crippled. Yes many sites go overboard and then you turn on your ad blocker and then they refuse to load altogether until you turn off your ad blocker. Those sites I avoid, so yes let's not let it get to that. But as the forum dries up, (at least GFC where it has slowed to a crawl) I wouldn't mind more ads to keep the site viable.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-03-2017).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent a donation but forgot to add my user name as usual. Thanks for all you do Cliff.

Dwayne

[This message has been edited by 1MohrFiero (edited 01-12-2017).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On what type of internet are pages loading slowly?? Dial-up? I agree the clean pages are nice, but every other "free" site I go to is plastered with ads that take a while to load, it's the price you pay for a free site. On Firefox I disabled flash because I hated all those self-playing videos. That crosses a line in my opinion. It has the "unfortunate" side-effect of disabling PFF ads. Not really a good workaround.

I take it you mean what speed of internet connection. Well, I have 100Mb fiber WAN, so, a synchronous connection, with a 3ms latency as tested to speedtest.net. I'm on a backbone, and can opt for up to 100Gb (if I pay for it). I also have a copper 200/5Mb, and a 50Mb fiber connection. It's meaningless, though. A few hops out, my latency is as bad as anyone else's. After going through those hops, I may as well have a 10Mb copper connection, for a given site. Even my direct-connect 100Mb connections are slower than a local 100Mb connection. The problem is that the host sites have slow WAN connectiins, and most ads are bandwidth-hogging images, and the servers themselves get overloaded. Worse yet, most ”webmasters” don't know the first thing about coding or optimization, and use bloatware CMS like wordpress, joomla, drupal, etc, add flash and DHTML, then load up a bunch of plugins that were often similarly written by non programmers, and host this mess on the cheap. So, the question of the speed on my end is irrelevant.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2017 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Cliff asks us to consider making a donation and he indicates he accepts bitcoin....

For the totally uninitiated how would one even accomplish that? The link given is not understood by a normal browser. Is this part of the dark web? Do I have to break any laws just by dealing with bitcoin? My interest is mostly academic as I could just use Paypal, but since Cliff offers Bitcoin as a viable alternative does this mean Bitcoin has gone mainstream with legitimate uses?
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2017 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So Cliff asks us to consider making a donation and he indicates he accepts bitcoin....

For the totally uninitiated how would one even accomplish that? The link given is not understood by a normal browser. Is this part of the dark web? Do I have to break any laws just by dealing with bitcoin? My interest is mostly academic as I could just use Paypal, but since Cliff offers Bitcoin as a viable alternative does this mean Bitcoin has gone mainstream with legitimate uses?

You would need to buy some bitcoin. You buy from an exchange such as Coinbase. I assume the link you are referring to is his address key under the QR code? Thats his wallet address, you would send your btc to that address. None of this has anything to do with the dark web. There is nothing illegal about Bitcoin, and Bitcoin has always been for legitimate uses. It just works equally as well for illegal transactions as legal ones.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2017 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

You would need to buy some bitcoin. You buy from an exchange such as Coinbase. I assume the link you are referring to is his address key under the QR code? Thats his wallet address, you would send your btc to that address. None of this has anything to do with the dark web. There is nothing illegal about Bitcoin, and Bitcoin has always been for legitimate uses. It just works equally as well for illegal transactions as legal ones.

That answers my question.... just that when I see I link I expect to click on it but the wallet address as you call it doesn't work that way.
bjm362

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2017 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am grateful for what you have accomplished and the effort you put into this!

------------------
To realize a dream, one must first dream it!

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock