So next summer I am going to be tearing my Fiero GT apart(I think). I want to start the planning process and need help with a few questions.
I want a 3800SC. I currently have a 3800 that works fine and I installed myself(I did wiring and installation). I also want to throw a 3.4'' pulley on it. Getting the 3800SC:
- I have seen tons of them around me for sale for around 250-400, but how can I trust that the engine is any good?
- Will any wiring harness from a same series 3800SC have all of the connections necessary?
- My current ECU is from a 96 Buick. Should I get a new and get that reprogrammed or just use this one?3.4in Pulley:
I know I need a lower T-stat, headers/exhaust, and a tune.
- With the ECM tune, can I switch back to a 3.8" pulley? Or is it permanent? Can I tune it myself?
- I KNOW I am going to need to headers, but will I need a new exhaust as well? Here
is a picture.
[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 10-25-2016).]