Need a Shop by Sudic
Started on: 10-23-2016 04:08 PM
Replies: 8 (297 views)
Last post by: Imnuts on 10-25-2016 09:18 AM
Sudic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SudicClick Here to Email SudicSend a Private Message to SudicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My problems keep stacking up and I don't have the time nor resources to fix them myself. I am looking for a shop near Dayton, OH and I want to know if anyone owns/ knows a good shop that will be able to get rid of my problems/ prevent some future problems. I am willing to travel pretty far for a good shop so if you know anyone please hook me up.

For reference, my known problems include:
-very little pressure in clutch
-major exhaust leak
-poorly routed vacuum lines
-not wanting to go all the way into some gears
-(probably more that I'm forgetting, plus whatever may break with time)

I wish I was able to do some of this myself, but college keeps me away from tools and a place to work (my lack of experience doesn't help either though)

Edit: I suppose it should be important to mention that I have about $1500 to get every little kink worked out.

[This message has been edited by Sudic (edited 10-24-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 448
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sudic:

For reference, my known problems include:
-very little pressure in clutch

What does that mean? Very little grip... or very little releasing?
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageClick Here to Email J GunsettSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Send a PM to Oldjoedad and talk to him, He is out of Homer, MI.

Jack
Sage

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageClick Here to Email SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might also try a note (PM) to 94blackbird.

He was doing work for Fiero people last year, and he is in Painsville.

Not sure of his schedule now, but worth a few minutes to find out.

HAGO!
Sudic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SudicClick Here to Email SudicSend a Private Message to SudicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

What does that mean? Very little grip... or very little releasing?

The clutch isn't building enough pressure to release. I've tried bleeding it and still nothing. It's just enough to make the slave cylinder move a little bit.

Sudic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2016 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SudicClick Here to Email SudicSend a Private Message to SudicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Change of plans, I left my car at my parent's so that's in the Dayton, OH/ Richmond, IN type area. Edited the original post as well.
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2016 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in Dayton and I would probably take my car 200 miles if someone knew of a good Fiero shop. Best bet for clutch bleeding problems is to start out with Rodney Dickman's slave cylinder. http://rodneydickman.com/ca...cf5ba4f09fecf5c68b2d Not hard to install and can save many hours of head scratching. The one I just replaced was an aftermarket one that was only about 2 years old, so some of them can turn to crap very quickly.
It is possible that I could be persuaded to give you a hand with that problem. Of course at no charge and its not too cold out at the time. That's if you can trust someone that goes by Imnuts.

------------------
∇PONTIAC∇
“The difference between a Fiero owner
and genius is that genius has its limits.”

[This message has been edited by Imnuts (edited 10-24-2016).]

Sudic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2016 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SudicClick Here to Email SudicSend a Private Message to SudicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Imnuts:

I live in Dayton and I would probably take my car 200 miles if someone knew of a good Fiero shop. Best bet for clutch bleeding problems is to start out with Rodney Dickman's slave cylinder. http://rodneydickman.com/ca...cf5ba4f09fecf5c68b2d Not hard to install and can save many hours of head scratching. The one I just replaced was an aftermarket one that was only about 2 years old, so some of them can turn to crap very quickly.
It is possible that I could be persuaded to give you a hand with that problem. Of course at no charge and its not too cold out at the time. That's if you can trust someone that goes by Imnuts.

You know, if you have a good place to work and knowledge on Fieros, I'll treat you to lunch at least for that. But, if you truly feel up to help, I would greatly appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by Sudic (edited 10-25-2016).]

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2016 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just moved out of a house with a large 4 car heated garage and now my car is kept at a storage facility, so I do not have a place to work on cars. It will have to be done at your parents’ home or somewhere else. Actually a sloped driveway could be the ideal spot to bleed a clutch if the weather is nice.
I am on my 2nd Fiero, had my engine out 3 times and installed 3 new slave cylinders. This just means I am now just starting to know when a slave cylinder acts a certain way whether it need replaced or not and figured out my best way of bleeding the air out of it.
I live north of Dayton in Vandalia, hopefully close by and yes if we could find a convent time I can help. I will send you a private message with my phone #.

------------------
∇PONTIAC∇
“The difference between a Fiero owner
and genius is that genius has its limits.”

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay