Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Can anyone run a complete CarFax report for me?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Can anyone run a complete CarFax report for me? by IwannaIRM
Started on: 10-20-2016 05:37 PM
Replies: 9 (159 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 10-21-2016 06:00 PM
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2016 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a Carfax report done on my Fiero.

Trying to get it registered here in Texas and they say the car has never been in Texas. Odd, I bought it from Connell Chevrolet in Killeen, Texas in 1985.

Just trying to avoid paying the taxes and out of state move-in fees on the car.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2016 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what you are talking about.

I bought my fiero from Missouri, brought it here to Dallas, and you just pay blue book value on the car
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2016 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being that the car was purchased in Texas and registered here twice already then I would be exempt from paying a $90 fee for an out of state vehicle and I would also be exempt from paying the taxes based on blue book value.

Problem is, the DMV said they couldn't find any record of my car ever being in the state of Texas.

One oddity that I found is somehow I have historical plates issued to my VIN in South Dakota. I've never lived in South Dakota so WTH?

Good thing is they said if I can prove the car was registered here then they will waive all the fees. So, I need to go through my box of license plates and provide them the old plate or find the original sales paperwork.

I'm not being cheap in regards to this, I just don't believe in paying for something that I don't need to pay for.

Originally posted by busa_powered:

Not sure what you are talking about.

I bought my fiero from Missouri, brought it here to Dallas, and you just pay blue book value on the car

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2016 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IwannaIRM - You have a PM
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2016 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trivet, replied to your PM.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2016 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Being that the car was purchased in Texas and registered here twice already then I would be exempt from paying a $90 fee for an out of state vehicle and I would also be exempt from paying the taxes based on blue book value.

Problem is, the DMV said they couldn't find any record of my car ever being in the state of Texas.

One oddity that I found is somehow I have historical plates issued to my VIN in South Dakota. I've never lived in South Dakota so WTH?

Good thing is they said if I can prove the car was registered here then they will waive all the fees. So, I need to go through my box of license plates and provide them the old plate or find the original sales paperwork.

I'm not being cheap in regards to this, I just don't believe in paying for something that I don't need to pay for.

So you are kind of like Donald trump, not paying taxes if you don't have to.

Seems smart to me, good luck
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2016 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

So you are kind of like Donald trump, not paying taxes if you don't have to.

Seems smart to me, good luck

Hahaha, yes, but a much poorer version of him...lol
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2016 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a Fiero that had lived it's whole lifetime with the wrong title and no one ever caught it, apparently on either car, until I tried to register it. Two identical cars had been sold at the same time and the wrong titles were issued to one another. Have you compared VIN on the title and the car?
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2016 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like my car. Somebody screwed up when I bought my Fiero in 1985 and the VIN on the ownership was slightly different than the number on the car. Never really comparing the two, I always just used the one on the ownership. Wasn't until recently that the DMV caught up with the mistake.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2016 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was it a red 85GT originally sold in Wisconsin?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock