Place to store my Fiero

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Place to store my Fiero by ICouldaBeenAV8
Started on: 10-19-2016 07:35 PM
Replies: 13 (416 views)
Last post by: ICouldaBeenAV8 on 11-02-2016 10:07 PM
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2016 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am wondering what the market is like for a garage to rent for storage of a Fiero I may be buying in Milwaukee. The closer the garage is to Shorewood or Whitefish bay, the better.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
car54

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for car54Send a Private Message to car54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, I was born and grew up in Whitefish Bay. What you could do is rent a storage unit, I am guessing they go for $80.00 per month depending on the size. many have a low price introductory price. This would give you time to look for a cheaper alternative, maybe through craigslist.

Car54
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2016 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by car54:

What you could do is rent a storage unit, I am guessing they go for $80.00 per month... This would give you time to look for a cheaper alternative...

Cheaper than $80 per month? Man oh man, I don't think I've seen a garage advertised here for less than $250 per month!
ICouldaBeenAV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2016 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife's van is already in a storage unit there - $160 a month. That was the best we could do. But that is for a vehicle worth $18,000. I can't justify that money for a Fiero that may not be worth $2000. I've seen a few garages that are less than $100 but too far away from Shorewood.

[This message has been edited by ICouldaBeenAV8 (edited 10-20-2016).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2016 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what the market is like where you are, but in general you can't rent a storage unit that can store a car for under a couple hundred dollars a month. A covered parking space might be under a hundred, but I have never seen indoor parking that cheap. I've been looking and can't seem to find a real garage that I could rent. I guess they are out there, but really hard to find.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2016 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get on facebook and see if there is a local group. Put an add there. Look for winter storage places that store boats. Also look for people who travel south for winter and rent their garage. It will be much cheaper.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you guys live in the wrong parts of the country! I rent a storage unit here that holds my Fiero, and about half of my daughter and son in law's household goods...and I think I could still get my motorcycle in there, too. The lot is also paved, no crushed white rock anywhere. I pay $195 every three months.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Wow, you guys live in the wrong parts of the country!

Maybe we don't like tornadoes.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Wow, you guys live in the wrong parts of the country! I rent a storage unit here that holds my Fiero, and about half of my daughter and son in law's household goods...and I think I could still get my motorcycle in there, too. The lot is also paved, no crushed white rock anywhere. I pay $195 every three months.

I've driven across Nebraska... I'm pretty sure every man woman and child could have a thousand acres to him or herself and there would still be space left over.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2016 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I've driven across Nebraska... I'm pretty sure every man woman and child could have a thousand acres to him or herself and there would still be space left over.

If it weren't for the corn.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2016 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by ICouldaBeenAV8:

My wife's van is already in a storage unit there - $160 a month. That was the best we could do. But that is for a vehicle worth $18,000. I can't justify that money for a Fiero that may not be worth $2000. I've seen a few garages that are less than $100 but too far away from Shorewood.

Can you get a larger one and fit both in? Fieros are pretty small.
PFF
System Bot
ICouldaBeenAV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2016 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Can you get a larger one and fit both in? Fieros are pretty small.

Now that is an idea, although my wife's van is coming out of storage now that we've bought a place in SHorewood.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2016 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ICouldaBeenAV8:

Now that is an idea, although my wife's van is coming out of storage now that we've bought a place in SHorewood.

Time to buy another Fiero
ICouldaBeenAV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2016 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Time to buy another Fiero

Exactly.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock