3800 Turbo Swap in Southern Ontario by Mokkan
Started on: 10-12-2016 04:50 PM
Replies: 5 (475 views)
Last post by: x-thumpr-x on 10-24-2016 12:32 AM
Mokkan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2016 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MokkanSend a Private Message to MokkanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 3800 turbo swap that I need some help with. I had FieroX working on the swap in 2009 but I ran out of money. I've moved up to Canada recently and put the car up for sale. I've decided to keep the car and have the swap finished. I'm not very technical so I'm looking for someone with technical skills that can help me finish the swap. Most of the parts are there, I believe I need to get new fuel injectors, fabricate some fuel lines and some other small details. Also, I believe the wiring needs to be finished, I believe the 3800 harness and Fiero harness need to be put together.

As of right now, the car is located in Thunder Bay where I'm paying for storage. Sometime in the spring (probably May), I'll move the car out to Guelph, ON since I have a friend there that will let me store the car in the garage.

Is there someone in the Southern Ontario (or possibly western NY) area that would be able to help me? I know that I can reach out to Sinister but I know Ryan has a long waiting list. Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go on to the GT fiero site. There are some guys in the GTA that have done this swap a few times and can help you out
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2016 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not aware of anyone in central Ontario who has actually completed a 3800 turbo swap... There are some projects that may or may not be finished before the second coming of Christ

You are probably best to bite the bullet, and send it to the US to someone like Ryan at Sinister. Get quality work, no backyard mechanic nightmares, and get a good quality, finished product

If I could go back, I would probably do an Ecotec turbo or SC factory motor. Do some research on them- pretty impressive and good aftermarket support
Mokkan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2016 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MokkanSend a Private Message to MokkanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies. I'll check out GT Fieros... haven't ruled out Darth, just need to save up more money.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Ottawa (Orleans). I haven't done a 3800, but have done a 4.9 swap and have definitely stripped a Fiero down . If you end up bringing it up to Ottawa then I can certainly give you a hand on some of it.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2016 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There a guy in Toronto area that has extensive knowledge on Turbo set ups. His name is Kevin and his company is Car Tuning. He was doing turbo swaps for the Grand Prix clubs and extended his business into a lot more vehicles. He is well known in the Toronto Fiero community for his work with "The Fiero Shop" (RaceTech) when it was around.

http://cartuning.ca/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock