Started on: 10-06-2016 03:02 PM
Replies: 23 (870 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 10-17-2016 02:08 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This was originally posted in the Mall, but I felt it should be shared here as well.

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Parting out '88 Pontiac Fiero GT (West Dallas)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This isn't green! How could this happen?
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2016 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh, is that a real Mera, or just a 308 kit? I see the ad doesn't actually say anything other than it's a Fiero.

Also LOL at Si hablo espaƱol in the ad vs. se hablo.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Uh, is that a real Mera, or just a 308 kit?

I think it's a Mera. Didn't Meras have louvered headlight doors? Of course they could have been changed.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not certain if it is a kit or a MERA. The visible side view mirror is a Vitaloni design but not much else is available to look at. Some F308 rebodies also had a fully louvered headlight cover (at least my red one did) so that is not a lot of help here. If a VIN is available, it may be on the MERA listing but that data base does have some holes in it. The front bumper is also not stock but that does not exclude this vehicle from ta potential MERA identification.

Nelson
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good eye dobey.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the perfect guy to chime in with info would be Rodney.
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does not have Mera tailpipes as well, but again, those could have been changed. How sad if this was a real Mera, but a shame regardless.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live by this lot. I called the guy yesterday. Said he wanted 275 for the front clip and another 50 for the front suspension. I forgot to ask about the 2nd gen headlights.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The turn signals are in right places and seems to have the MERA center caps?

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 10-07-2016).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have contact info on the owner?
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2016 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

I live by this lot. I called the guy yesterday. Said he wanted 275 for the front clip and another 50 for the front suspension. I forgot to ask about the 2nd gen headlights.

Can you get me the contact info for this person/business?

Nelson
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2016 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Auto Crusher 3610 Bedford St, Dallas, TX 75212 214-638-2234 Personally entertaining thoughts about the rear cradle since they are rare here.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2016 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is indeed a Mera. It belonged to a gentleman in Moore. Ok and was sold in the Mall 1-2 years ago.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Personally entertaining thoughts about the rear cradle since they are rare here.

I think the rear cradle has seen too much heat to be of any use. It may look OK, but the properties of the steel change.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2016 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J-Holland:

This is indeed a Mera. It belonged to a gentleman in Moore. Ok and was sold in the Mall 1-2 years ago.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want that bumper,,,,
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I want that bumper,,,,

The back one?
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2016 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

I think the rear cradle has seen too much heat to be of any use. It may look OK, but the properties of the steel change.

Thank you Gall, I was wondering if that might be the case..
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2016 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Thank you Gall, I was wondering if that might be the case..

These guys show up on a search

http://www.dandslighttruck.com/
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2016 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed the seller of the fire damaged Mera several days ago but have not received any response to date. I also called and left a message this morning but no response so far. I am starting to believe that this is either no longer available or the current owner does not really want to sell it. I am interested in the entire front clip less mechanical components but would willingly share with someone in need since I really only want the body panels and front bumper. Shipping may be a killer on this "deal" but I am willing to see what the quotes show.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car was just bought on Copart in the last week or two. I was watching it, but have no idea what it went for. The person selling probably doesn't know much about it.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2016 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

This car was just bought on Copart in the last week or two. I was watching it, but have no idea what it went for. The person selling probably doesn't know much about it.

The parts should start showing on ebay soon!
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

The parts should start showing on ebay soon!

Do not bet a lot of money on these parts showing up on eBay! I would not be surprised if these parts were intended to replace damaged ones on another vehicle or even to potentially transfer parts and/or rebuild the damaged vehicle into some sort of hybrid Mera/Ferrari car.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock