My First Fiero (86 GT Loaded 4-Speed) by scottd
Started on: 09-26-2016 09:31 AM
Replies: 7 (176 views)
Last post by: busa_powered on 10-16-2016 06:32 PM
scottd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scottdClick Here to visit scottd's HomePageSend a Private Message to scottdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Everyone,
Been lurking for a while now and finally pulled the trigger on a pretty nice 86 GT! This one was well taken care of until they put it outside for a year or so.

Here are some pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/Ti1UC1iQ12rMB5Xe9

The main issues I am having at the moment are with the brakes. The 2 front calipers were locked on, these have been replaced and work great now. The rear left brake was locked but I was able to free it and realized that I was not getting any brake fluid pressure through that line. So I am unable to properly bleed the system. I am going to look for kinks or corrosion in the line to that wheel and plan on replacing all the hard and soft lines soon. I did order a new caliper for this wheel, but I am going to hold off on installing it as it will just have the same issue.

Other than that, it had a bit of water get on the inside, but we (wife and I) got it all cleaned up. There is very minimal rust on the seat brackets on the inside, and none in the trunk. Not kidding.

I cannot wait to get the brakes fixed and start actually driving this thing!

------------------
--Scott D
Stock 1986 White GT

[This message has been edited by scottd (edited 09-26-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking GT!

Congrats, and you are in the right place for any help needed - this forum is a wealth of knowledge, information, and experience.

If you need advice on anything, just ask - there are plenty here who are happy to assist.

------------------
Tim
Bay City, MI

'87 GT original 2.8
All Poly suspension w/Eibach springs
Aussie Stage 2 side scoops
Deck scoop, Fiero Warehouse lip spoiler

scottd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scottdClick Here to visit scottd's HomePageSend a Private Message to scottdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much! Yeah, this place looks like it is full of great people with tons of knowledge. Can't wait to get deeper into this.

------------------
--Scott D
Stock 1986 White GT

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car! Have you had a peek of what is under that Bra? From the pics the rest of the paint looks pretty decent. And WELCOME!
scottd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scottdClick Here to visit scottd's HomePageSend a Private Message to scottdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I did peek under the bra. I plan on removing it, but the paint is slightly off under it since it was probably never exposed to the sun. The only damage on the whole car is on the other side. There is a 3 inch deep scratch on the passenger quarter panel that is into the fiberglass. I am not quite sure what I am going to do about that yet either. Any suggestions? Thanks again for the warm welcome.

------------------
--Scott D
Stock 1986 White GT

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a picture and post it using PIP. That way it shows up directly here in the thread without the need of a link. Pretty handy. There is a link at the very bottom of the page. Some have issues with it but I find it very user friendly. You just need to have it sized correctly. We have many excellent body/paint experts on here that can point you in the right direction to get that fixed.
scottd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scottdClick Here to visit scottd's HomePageSend a Private Message to scottdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. Just added the topic in, hopefully, the correct forum.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/138741.html

------------------
--Scott D
Stock 1986 White GT

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2016 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock