Advice needed by J-Holland
Started on: 09-26-2016 08:14 AM
Replies: 2 (125 views)
Last post by: J-Holland on 09-26-2016 10:24 AM
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm replacing the coolant pipe on my 86 GT. I know that there are two nuts behind the Front Transmission mount which have to be loosened before I remove the pipe. Are those nuts 10 or 13 mm and is better to try and loosen those whole the car is on a lift or can they be done with the backend on Jack stands without teaching my neighbors how to cuss in a different language?

Thanks for your assistance
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
which coolant pipe? The crossover? You will need to get the rear of the car in the air and probably have to mess with the A/C brackets and/or lower the exhaust. I did this on my '88, but it has been years.
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the pipe which hooks up to a hose on the drivers side and runs over to the hose coming off of the Thermostat housing. I know there are 3 bolts on the AC bracket which
need to be loosened up and I sure hope I don't need to mess with the exhaust.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock