Bye bye '84 by KillerFrogg
Started on: 09-22-2016 07:57 PM
Replies: 6 (174 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 09-23-2016 11:26 AM
KillerFrogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2016 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got hit on my way home from work today. 5 years, lots of blood sweat and a little money, and about 15k mi in my ownership.
It't not too bad, but the bumper bar frame in the front is twisted bad enough that I am not even going to bother trying to fix it.
Go figure all I had left to do was paint. Everything else had been rebuilt or replaced. Engine and all.

Guess it is time to start looking for a half way reasonable '88 roller for the LNF Ecotech I have.

If anyone knows of one in the lower Michigan / North Ohio area, let me know!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2016 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's too bad. Any pics? Maybe someone here would like to fix it...
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2016 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have to pull the hood and front clip off to see how bad it is, but I know that the entire front of the car is shifted about 1-2 inches to the passenger side. The driver side headlight bucket is totally crushed, the front deck lid is pushed back onto the crash pins that keep it from going through the windshield, and the frame is out of wack enough that the passenger door is hanging up on the front right fender skin, and the driver door is sticky now as well.

I am thinking about stripping the interior so I can transplant it into an '88 roller, then putting a roll cage in the car so I can use it for LeMons, or put it on off road tires and turn it into a buggy. Maybe both.

extra bits like the cruse control parts and headlights I will be happy to make available to people that need them. The headlight motors were rebuilt less than a month ago, the driver side works (worked, I need to pull it out and make sure it is ok) perfect but the brushes on the passenger one were both gone, otherwise it has a new gear and bumpers in it.

The wheels and tires are all still perfect, and have less than 10k on them, so I am keeping them for either a subaru or another fiero. (wheels are off a subie and I have modified 10mm spacers to adapt the subie wheel bore to the fiero bore)
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2016 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KillerFrogg

202 posts
Member since Apr 2013
It was a fully optioned '84 as well. WS6, power everything, working AC, cruise control, the high end factory radio, sun roof. Only thing I didn't have was the sun roof shade and optional shade that hides the engine when you open the trunk.

New clutch disk and master cylinder, brake disks/pads/calipers all new and had about 10k on them. New wheel bearing all around. Poly bushings. New shocks and struts front and back. Rebuild the engine about 2 years ago.

You know standard maintenance for an '84 to make sure it doesn't extend the stereotype that the cars are death traps.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2016 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2016 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KillerFrogg:

It was a fully optioned '84 as well. WS6, power everything, working AC, cruise control, the high end factory radio, sun roof. Only thing I didn't have was the sun roof shade and optional shade that hides the engine when you open the trunk.

New clutch disk and master cylinder, brake disks/pads/calipers all new and had about 10k on them. New wheel bearing all around. Poly bushings. New shocks and struts front and back. Rebuild the engine about 2 years ago.

You know standard maintenance for an '84 to make sure it doesn't extend the stereotype that the cars are death traps.

Aw... I did like my '84 Sport Coupe. FYI, optional engine shade doesn't exist

Pics would be nice. It could be fixed, as a shop could straighten the frame. It just depends on how much you want the car.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2016 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry man, that sucks.

Glad you are ok, though.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock