Arraut Motorsports slalom suspension new design by Napoleon_Tanerite
Started on: 09-20-2016 11:36 AM
Replies: 7 (1122 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 10-05-2016 08:56 PM
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I posted this a while ago, but looking through the threads it looks like I only posted it to Facebook. Anyway, I've been talking to Richard Arraut and he said he has recently changed the slalom suspension kit he sells. It will now accept stock 88 Fiero brakes. That means you no longer have to buy the $1500 Arraut brake upgrade to go along with the $2500 suspension kit. It also means that existing brake upgrades for the 88 Fiero brakes are now compatible with slalom suspension.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2016 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:
It will now accept stock 88 Fiero brakes. That means you no longer have to buy the $1500 Arraut brake upgrade to go along with the $2500 suspension kit. It also means that existing brake upgrades for the 88 Fiero brakes are now compatible with slalom suspension.

I would suggest you proceed with caution and not assume this is true. The stock 88 caliper placement on the stock 88 rotor has lots clearance and the mounting brackets could be off 3/16" in nearly any direction and the caliper would still match up and work with the rotor.

However, when you start fitting larger rotors under the 88 caliper as well as utilizing the available room on the caliper sliders to accommodate the thickness of the caliper bracket, the available clearance in most areas quickly drops to under 1/16"... So unless he redesigned his setup to the exact caliper mounting and placement dimension of the stock 88, you could run into fitment issues.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have one on order, and I intend to use a set of Brian Sanburn's brake brackets. I'll let you know how it works.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2016 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow those guys are about 20-25 miles from GR. Over in little Nunica.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure how many "guys" are involved in that operation. I almost get the impression it's a one man show over there with some subcontract work for things like laser cutting. Whenever I call it's ALWAYS Richard who answers the phone, always after almost enough rings for me to give up, and he always sounds busy as hell. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think he's a big shop.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2016 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Wow those guys are about 20-25 miles from GR. Over in little Nunica.

Hey, no kidding? I have a buddy that lives in Nunica. Definitely a car guy...

Bob
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Hey, no kidding? I have a buddy that lives in Nunica. Definitely a car guy...

Bob

Yes they were on 3 Mile Rd NW in Grand Rapids then moved to Nunica. West Shore Fabricating/Arraut Motorsports
12301 Cleveland Street, Suite A
Nunica, Mi, 49448
(616) 893-1433
Cleveland Street is M104 that goes into Spring Lake. Take the Spring Lake exit off of I-96.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 10-05-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock