Car shows by 85fieroguy
Started on: 09-11-2016 06:46 PM
Replies: 15 (428 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 09-14-2016 10:14 AM
85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a 2 weeks. 1st was a 4 day Porsche Club Racing at Road America as a guest, this past Saturday went to the old Meadowdale Race Track in Carpentersville, Illinois car show, today went to the all British car show at Harper College in Hoffman Estates and finally to the FIERORAMA sponsored by NIFE and was the best show. Drove my 85 GT to the 1st 3, and a friend drove his modified 86 Fiero turbo V-6 to NIFE. Great Fieros, great area and fun for all. FIERO FOR EVER !!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy shows mostly just for seeing peoples cars and talking to them. Sometimes I pay the entry (usually goes to a charity) and dont even register.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well someone needs to congratulate you.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I did a Charity event this week that did not have any awards but they get some of the nicest cars in the world. Got to know a gentleman last year there when he brought is Pantera. This year he brought his Lambo Miura fresh off the transport from Pebble Beach and gave a gran tour inside and out and that was the price of admission.

Next week is a Pontiac show to close out the competition season.

Only been to a couple Pontiac shows this year and can not complain on the results.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 09-12-2016).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If i want to see a fiero at a car show i have to bring my own. I generally park mine in parking lot and pay to go in only to find it still gets the attention.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Well someone needs to congratulate you.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I did a Charity event this week that did not have any awards but they get some of the nicest cars in the world. Got to know a gentleman last year there when he brought is Pantera. This year he brought his Lambo Miura fresh off the transport from Pebble Beach and gave a gran tour inside and out and that was the price of admission.

Next week is a Pontiac show to close out the competition season.

Only been to a couple Pontiac shows this year and can not complain on the results.

What Pontiac show would that be?
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is always the one in RI if you want to do some traveling (check the events calendar)
85fieroguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FIERORAMA run by NIFE ( Northern Illinois Fiero Club) is the big show of Fiero's at the end of summer. They also join with other clubs earlier in the year in at the Wisconsin Dells show which is big. Like you guys, after being around sport racing cars for over 50 years, I've met some great people with awesome cars. Most are very rich and successful but NEVER flaunt it. We all, , you, me and them are car guys, like a brotherhood..much like my experience as a military veteran. Like these clubs and this site, you learn a lot and meet nice people ( most of the time)
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to Fierorama for the first time with my 87 . A lot of nice cars and everyone was friendly and would talk to me even though
I knew no one there , that does not happen here at home. The big shocker was I won an award for my class here at home my
little car never gets looked at. Makes all the work I put in the car a little more satisfying .
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

What Pontiac show would that be?

The Ohio GTO Club puts on a show at Toth Buick in Akron in the fall. They took last year off but are back this year. Nice show and I can say they are very fair and friendly to Fiero's.

It is a judged show and I have done very well there against some really nice GTO's and other Pontiac's. The people running the show have always come by and personally thanked me for bringing my car. That is not something that happens at many shows.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Australian:

If i want to see a fiero at a car show i have to bring my own. I generally park mine in parking lot and pay to go in only to find it still gets the attention.

I saw there was one at the Pontiac Nationals Down Under. It was in two magazines here.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

I went to Fierorama for the first time with my 87 . A lot of nice cars and everyone was friendly and would talk to me even though
I knew no one there , that does not happen here at home. The big shocker was I won an award for my class here at home my
little car never gets looked at. Makes all the work I put in the car a little more satisfying .

kendallville-
Glad you had a good time at FIERORAMA. A LOT of work goes into putting on that show and it's great to hear from folks
who are "first timers" and had fun.
I agree with you and others, it's the people you meet and the conversation that makes it
the most fun for me.
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw there was one at the Pontiac Nationals Down Under. It was in two magazines here.

The guy that runs the Pontiac car club drives one burgundy color SM plates would be my guess to see at a show.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Illinois folks: There is an all-Pontiac show coming up in Pontiac IL Sunday the 18th.... Hope to see everyone there!
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Ohio GTO Club puts on a show at Toth Buick in Akron in the fall. They took last year off but are back this year. Nice show and I can say they are very fair and friendly to Fiero's.

It is a judged show and I have done very well there against some really nice GTO's and other Pontiac's. The people running the show have always come by and personally thanked me for bringing my car. That is not something that happens at many shows.

Huh. I may make it there this weekend. Sounds good.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fieroguy:

What a 2 weeks. 1st was a 4 day Porsche Club Racing at Road America as a guest, this past Saturday went to the old Meadowdale Race Track in Carpentersville, Illinois car show, today went to the all British car show at Harper College in Hoffman Estates and finally to the FIERORAMA sponsored by NIFE and was the best show. Drove my 85 GT to the 1st 3, and a friend drove his modified 86 Fiero turbo V-6 to NIFE. Great Fieros, great area and fun for all. FIERO FOR EVER !!!!

Good to hear Keep coming and bring friends, participation is what keeps the hobby thriving

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by 85fieroguy:

FIERORAMA run by NIFE ( Northern Illinois Fiero Club) is the big show of Fiero's at the end of summer. They also join with other clubs earlier in the year in at the Wisconsin Dells show which is big. Like you guys, after being around sport racing cars for over 50 years, I've met some great people with awesome cars. Most are very rich and successful but NEVER flaunt it. We all, , you, me and them are car guys, like a brotherhood..much like my experience as a military veteran. Like these clubs and this site, you learn a lot and meet nice people ( most of the time)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock