Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Davenport Iowa. Heartland Fiero show, Sept 3rd.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Davenport Iowa. Heartland Fiero show, Sept 3rd. by 2.5
Started on: 08-03-2016 09:24 AM
Replies: 30 (982 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 09-20-2016 11:19 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a fun show and BBQ, and you can see some rare Fieros here, including prototypes and PPG pacecars.

From their facebook page:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx....9cab0040&oe=585C5A46

"Details

Itinerary of Events:
Friday:
Dinner Cruise meet at Quality Inn and Suites Lobby at 6pm to gather and cruise to the restaurant.

Host hotel:
Quality Inn & Suites
6605 N. Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52806
Phone: (563) 386-8336
Ask for the Heartland Fiero Show rate of $74.99+ tax per night.

Saturday:
Car Show in the Village of East Davenport
Car Show 12pm - 4pm
Awards Presentation at 3:30pm

Saturday Evening:
Cookout at Fred and Annettes 6pm until ?????

Camping Available at Fred and Annette's Friday and Saturday Night

T-Shirts are available in the blue as shown in the event photo or a grey.
They will be available in dark gray and royal blue. $15 for sizes up to XL. 2XL $17, 3XL and larger $18. Kids sizes are available also.

This shirt design is a limited run, so in order to have enough on hand, we will need order requests from anyone who is interested in owning one. Please specify color and size. Please contact Fred and Annette at fbartemeyerjr@q.com to order.

Pickup will be available at the car show on September 3rd.

So plan a good time with some great people and join us for some great cars and good food."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/294524591845/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-03-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The show is this Saturday Sept 3rd
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

The show is this Saturday Sept 3rd

I'll be there!
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I'll be there!

me too!

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

me too!

me three!

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me four
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy and I will attend. See you at hotel !

Ron T
Indy #305

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

jonrev

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going. Never been to this one...

------------------

[jonrevProjects] | HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

Never been to this one...

Same here.....I went to my first Fierorama last year and told Fred I would make the Heartland show this year. Next up on shows I have never attended is the Dells Run. I plan on going to next years show.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool to hear about some new folks coming

I heard we will be seeing these rare cars this year:

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Just received word the Shipman family plans to be there, we well as Tylers Toy.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-01-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Newbies, make sure to stay for the BBQ at Fred's.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The plan is to bring the GT this year. Didn't work out so well last year, but so far shake down cruise it is running fine. The BBQ is a must.

Will be getting in late Friday due to Carol's work so we will see you guys by show time.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

The plan is to bring the GT this year. Didn't work out so well last year, but so far shake down cruise it is running fine. The BBQ is a must.

Will be getting in late Friday due to Carol's work so we will see you guys by show time.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Just received word the Shipman family plans to be there, we well as Tylers Toy.

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're here! Wobbly ball joints and all. Got the tent set up, time to relax a bit. Looks like I'm doing upper and lower ball joints in the morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just pulled in to the hotel.....saw a white Formula leaving as I was turning. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn because the Quality Inn was sold out and thanks to my work I have a lot of points (i.e. free nights) at Holiday Inn, so free!

Time for a shower and a nap before dinner.

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps next year I can make it. Have son's birthday this weekend plus the Fiero front end is torn all apart and struggling with broken/rusted control arm bolts. Have fun and take lots of pics!

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, I didn't take pics of the show, but posting is difficult. As a Fiero person, I find it sad when there is nothing on an event after the fact. I wonder if it happened. Heck, did anyone attend? So many questions. Why doesn't anyone post about the event? AFAIK, this one was great. Are people waiting until after the holiday?

I went, but for those who didn't go, there may be interest at the time of the event. Presumably, we want this and similar events to continue. This means making people see that a given event is worth attending. If the people who attended have nothing to say, what does that say about the event?

I'd like to thank the poeple who put on the event. The event was great. The town was welcoming, and lunch at Lago's memorable. Fred and Annette's BBQ was actually the highlight, for my family. I hope Fred enjoys his new blankie.

It was good to see some familiar faces, and meet some new people--including the Shipmans. Those who attended got to see PPG Pace Cars, Indy Pace Cars, SD engines, and some beautiful stock and modded Fieros. Every year and trim of production Fiero was represented.

Did I mention the ride in a Model T through the city? Well, that also happened. Oh, and Fred aged a decade. Hopefully not from the event, but he now has something for every malady attendant to the onset of old age.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ton's of photos on Facebook, and look for coverage in a future issue of Poncho Perfection magazine.

here is 43 of the 49 Fieros courtesy of 2.5 and facebook.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'd like to thank the poeple who put on the event. The event was great. The town was welcoming, and lunch at Lago's memorable. Fred and Annette's BBQ was actually the highlight, for my family.

The BBQ usually is a BIG highlight!

Yeah, due to pretty much having to find a pc or tablet to upload photos to photobucket and then copy and paste links to PFF, not many people do it. Many times I am the only one. Unless this gets changed on PFF sometime, it will continue to serverely limit PFFs use regarding events.
I also saw at least three people who had nice cameras with big lenses taking pics of many things there, maybe those pics don't get online. If they do it would probably take a while to process them.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-06-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Thanks for the pics.

I don't do facebook, so I'll take your word for it.

It wasn't just the pics, though. There was nothing.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't do facebook, so I'll take your word for it.

It wasn't just the pics, though. There was nothing.

As facebook replaces forums, even text posts will dwindle on forums.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only if we let it.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only if we let it.

This is true, we each have a choice.
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

ton's of photos on Facebook

I'll have to look that up after work.

At the distance of that pic, even my paint would look reasonable.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made it to the show. Stopped at antique Archeology. Photo. Looks like we are going to return "2017"

Ron T - Jimmy

Indy #305

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was a fun show, the bonfire at Fred's was awesome. Glad I went, will be back next year for sure!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

Was a fun show, the bonfire at Fred's was awesome. Glad I went, will be back next year for sure!

Cool. Yep I have found with many of these events, once you go ya kinda get hooked

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by paced84:

Made it to the show. Stopped at antique Archeology. Photo. Looks like we are going to return "2017"

Ron T - Jimmy

Indy #305

Cool.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave