Missing motor mounts? Pic inside. by ImNewHere
Started on: 07-30-2016 06:51 PM
Replies: 2 (153 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 07-30-2016 08:03 PM
ImNewHere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImNewHereClick Here to visit ImNewHere's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImNewHereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, while I see the dogbone is there the guy I bought it from said a mount is missing, possibly two. Can anyone point me in the direction of what mounts are missing based on this? Thanks.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The motor/trans mounts are not visible in the photo, as they are below the drivetrain, attached to the cradle.

From the picture, due to the fuel line routing and cruise control solenoid location, I surmise you have an 85 or 86 Fiero.
The engine mount is on the passenger side, attached to the engine on the pulley end and mounts to a bracket on the inside of the cradle.
The transmission is mounted to the cradle at two points, one on the fire wall side and one on the trunk wall side, on the driver's side of the front and rear cradle cross members.
Get it up in the air and check it out.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only mount visible in the photo is the "dogbone" mount, to the right of the air cleaner. It has a bracket that attaches to the cylinder head, and a bracket built into the trunk wall. The two ends of the dogbone attach to those two brackets.

As mentioned above, the rest of the mounts are underneath.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock