Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Help identifying model of Fiero for parts purposes.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Help identifying model of Fiero for parts purposes. by ImNewHere
Started on: 07-28-2016 09:14 PM
Replies: 9 (255 views)
Last post by: notwohorns on 07-30-2016 07:57 PM
ImNewHere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImNewHereClick Here to visit ImNewHere's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImNewHereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all, I picked up a little project car for 200 bucks. It runs and drives, has 100,959 miles on it, but has a stuck right rear caliper, is missing a couple motor mounts (or so it looks like), had the AC compressor removed, and needs new belts. Before I order all of those I have the site I am using asking for what model it is and gives me 4 choices. Obviously it isn't the GT. It is a 2.5 liter and automatic car. I am assuming it is an SE, but I can't be sure. After I get it all going and see how the engine is over longer term I am tempted to do an engine swap of some sort, one with a bit more power, probably stick with an auto trans because after breaking my left knee a few years ago and knee surgery on it sometimes driving a stick with a stiff clutch can get it twinging really badly. Definitely will try to find one that requires as little fabrication as possible too, but gives me a good performance boost.

Anyway, here's the pics. Thanks for the help IDing it, and if you can point me to the best places for parts I'd appreciate that, or else I will stick with Rockauto and Amazon.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 or 87 SE.
ImNewHere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImNewHereClick Here to visit ImNewHere's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImNewHereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I did forget to mention it is an 86, so SE then. That's what I assumed, but I wanted to get an expert opinion since I saw no badging on the car.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

86 or 87 SE.

The VIN will tell you which year. Buy parts from Rodney Dickman if he has them.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As for parts it depends on just what you need.

Rodney is good for many items and The Fiero store for others.

General parts the Dealers to NAPA are as good as any. By the time you pay shipping many local places may be as cheap so shop wisely on the shipping.

Summit Racing for some rare performance parts like sway bars and bushings and they will beat anyone's price.

Ebay and the Mall here may be the only place some odd parts are found.
ImNewHere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImNewHereClick Here to visit ImNewHere's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImNewHereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely a 1986. I need a right rear caliper, motor mounts, and the AC compressor.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84 to 87 fieros have the same axles(auto and manual are not interchangeable) , calipers and discs. Motor mounts for 2.5 are all the same 84 to 87 .Wheels are different but mostly interchangeable if you dont mind using a gps to see how fast you are going .Headlight actuators are mostly the same but there is early versions and later versions .Definitely give a visit to Rodney's store as well as the fiero store have a wealth of quick and easy info on parts .

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 07-29-2016).]

ImNewHere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImNewHereClick Here to visit ImNewHere's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImNewHereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume the links to Rodney's and The Fiero Store are on here somewhere.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an '86 SE, assuming the body panels are original. That said, the base coupe and the SE are mechanically almost identical. The differences are mainly cosmetic.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock