Fiero shops by painandgain99
Started on: 07-20-2016 01:13 AM
Replies: 7 (328 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 07-23-2016 09:36 AM
painandgain99

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Idk if this is the wrong location if do i apologize, but i was looking for shops hiring apprentices. Fiero shops, jdm shops. Classic car shops. Anyone on here know people or could help me out? If wrong area i apologize
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good a place as any. Unfortunately, I don't know of any.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know of any either - but you might want to try a post in the tech section also. Good luck!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero shops? At one time there were many but now there are only a few. We should compile a service guide, a list of shops that will work on Fieros .Most shops won't or can't. I would not get my hope up working in a Fiero specific shop. As foe classic car shops they seem to be around. Look them up online.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Fiero shops? At one time there were many but now there are only a few. We should compile a service guide, a list of shops that will work on Fieros .

Dennis - that is a great idea. A new thread with "Fiero Friendly" mechanics would be a great help to a lot of us. I'm very fortunate to know of several quality mechanics in my immediate area that really know the car, but as I said, I'm fortunate. (Being in Michigan, the birthplace of the Fiero probably helps ) I'm sure there are a lot of members that are SOL if they are unable to complete a repair themselves.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know of a couple of alignment shops. That's about it. Otherwise I do most of my own stuff.

Wren's body shop on Fairburn Road, in Douglasville GA has done several of my cars. (88s. And they were MOST appreciative that I had installed cam bolts in the rear struts.)
Tires Plus (also on Fairburn Road) used to do earlier Fieros.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-22-2016).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2016 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jon Miller Car care in Tuckerton does good work on Fieros here in NJ. I have a fully equipped shop and occasionally help stranded people out but at this point I work solo and don't want the big jobs . In Allentown PA about 90 minutes drive from here, Wayne Renniger is a good Fiero mechanic. The OP is looking for a shop in the Chicago area and to my knowledge there isn't any shop there that is familiar with or will work on a Fiero. I would venture to say that most forum members do their own work.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2016 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are not Fiero shops, but are very well known.
Schwartz Performance in Woodstock, IL: http://www.schwartzperformance.com/
Rad Rides by Troy in Manteno, IL: http://www.radrides.com/

Here are a bunch more:
http://www.yellowpages.com/...rformance-auto-shops

These places may or may not be interested in apprentices, but it doesn't hurt to give them a call and share what your skills or experience might be. If your Fiero has a lot of "good" custom work, you might want to show up in person with it to help "show" the caliber of work you do.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 07-23-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock