Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Outer dew wipes, Who's to buy and where ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Outer dew wipes, Who's to buy and where ? by robert1234
Started on: 07-16-2016 11:10 PM
Replies: 38 (1524 views)
Last post by: FieroStore on 11-23-2016 05:09 PM
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2016 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone tell me the best ones to get and from where?

I see all kinds of post but would like opinions.

Thanks
Rob.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up until just a couple years ago, the best ones you could get your hands on, were made by DIYStu. He unfortunately stopped making them a couple years ago. Seajai started making them shortly after, and they are also of excellent quality. You can find them for sale in his thread in the mall

The first post says he has stopped making them, but he has sold a few sets since. It can not hurt to check and see if he has any left.

There is also a guy making them, and selling them on eBay. You can check his listing for dew wipes out here. I know nothing about the quality of these.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-17-2016).]

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sold out. There is a guy selling them on ebay. Not sure of the quality but he does have a 100% satisfaction rating.
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get the ones off the Fiero store, they are fine.

I have one set of them on one Fiero and seajai's on the other
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This guy sells them on eBay for a good price but they are missing the mirror bracket and the anti-rattle felts.
I guess that the old bracket can be rivited back on but resusing the old worn anti-rattle felts doesn't sound like a good idea.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252...T&fromMakeTrack=true

BTW, anyone able to find suitable replacement for those shallow flat head phillips screws that hold the wipes in place? They either rust and break off or in some cases drop down into the door and get lost.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-17-2016).]

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the guy I was referring to: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fie...AOxy039TKPXr&vxp=mtr
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

This is the guy I was referring to: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fie...AOxy039TKPXr&vxp=mtr

This guy shows 61 pair sold. The demand for this part must be very high. Surprised that you didn't keep making them. The dew wipes that I purchased from you look and fit perfect.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sold more than 220 pair of outers in the 2-1/2 years I've been producing them. I just needed a break to pursue other things (like my auto headlight kit). I was talking with a guy in Texas who was thinking about taking over for me but in the end he decided it was too much of an investment in tools, etc to do it. I still have all the tools and assembly jigs packed away, who knows what the future holds....
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need more of this^^ there was all kinds of demand for a way to pop the front hood without harming anything if the cables snap or keys locked inside until that is I made up a dozen or so "tools" to pop the latch ... Then $15 was too steep..
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe it is time for me to throw my hat in the ring. I have the 3D models and already have the punch press programmed to make them after a prototype run. And since I am already making the mirror tabs and the felt tabs, I am but a short step away from production. I already have preliminary costs figured out, and I know I can bring the cost on these down quite a bit. Since I can use the company I work for to buy everything wholesale. I even may have found the right material for the '84s.

Rich
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

I know I can bring the cost on these down quite a bit. Since I can use the company I work for to buy everything wholesale. I even may have found the right material for the '84s.

I'll be in the market for these in the semi-near future so if this is the case, I'll be glad I didn't buy some right away and decided to do suspension first.
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe it is time for me to throw my hat in the ring. I have the 3D models and already have the punch press programmed to make them after a prototype run. And since I am already making the mirror tabs and the felt tabs, I am but a short step away from production. I already have preliminary costs figured out, and I know I can bring the cost on these down quite a bit. Since I can use the company I work for to buy everything wholesale. I even may have found the right material for the '84s.

Rich

Looking forward to you putting these in production, I need a set myself

I have a nice,(but temporary) solution in place right now, but I will need a decent set of inner and outer soon.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am on vacation until Thursday. I will have final numbers sometime next week. My first workup on these about 4 years ago showed a sale price of $60 per set. But since I had a verbal agreement with Stu I did not pursue them. Looks like now is the time.
fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a good price. I paid $100 for mine + Shipping.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got pricing back. $67.00 plus shipping should do the trick. Now I just have to find the time to get the first batch done.
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love a proper set for my 84.
migs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2016 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for a pair if that's the real price
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm definitely interested in a set for my 88 if these go into production.

[This message has been edited by Drewbdo (edited 09-14-2016).]

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next in line - let me know where to PayPal!

------------------
Tim
Bay City, MI

'87 GT original 2.8
All Poly suspension w/Eibach springs
Aussie Stage 2 side scoops
Deck scoop, Fiero Warehouse lip spoiler

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fiero store sells them.

I bought a set for my fiero I recently sold, seemed to be fine, no issues
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have completed my first set and they are installed. I have materials. Just going to be a couple of weeks before i get some time to get to them. $67.00 plus shipping.

RIch
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have completed my first set and they are installed. I have materials. Just going to be a couple of weeks before i get some time to get to them. $67.00 plus shipping.

RIch

Good price.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for a set at $67.
fairmechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fairmechanicSend a Private Message to fairmechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im in for a set. Mine is an 84.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics? Anyone receive them? I need a couple of sets...
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2016 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just looking at producing outers, or inners as well?
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hand way up !!!!! I for sure need a set for that price too, maybe two sets !!!

Yahoo !!!!
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of right now I am only producing the outers. Although I can do the inners. I did not get pics of the first set, I had some parts get delayed in shipping and had people waiting at the Heartland Show to see them. I made the first set the night before, and had the clutch line blow on my '84. I didn't even get out of the car and they were sold. Here is the response on the Heartland Fiero Facebook page.

Brody Moore: Hey Rich the dew wipes worked out perfect!
Like · Reply · September 4 at 12:57pm

Rich
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do need for my 84, are you going to make them?
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2016 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need inners and outers.

[This message has been edited by ITR SOL (edited 09-16-2016).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larafan:

I do need for my 84, are you going to make them?

My next set is going on my '84. We will see what happens.

Rich

PFF
System Bot
migs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2016 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still being sold by OP and what happened to the inner sets?
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DIYStu and Seajai are not supplying any right now but there is a source. The guy on eBay now selling the dew wipes is most likely the one making them for the Fiero Store. We've read good reports on these. The choice is simple. Change the outer dew wipes now or be prepared to install new windows and dew wipes later..

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
The choice is simple. Change the outer dew wipes now or be prepared to install new windows and dew wipes later..

Something I wish the PO of my car would've known. My passenger window looks awful with all the scratches.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just buy the ones on tfs, they are fine.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

I have a very bad dealing with that guy. I would support the Fiero store.
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
The guy on eBay now selling the dew wipes is most likely the one making them for the Fiero Store.

Just to clarify, our dew wipes are exclusive, completely new units that are made on proprietary tooling. We have made several improvements to our dew wipes over the years and they are very close to the 85-88 originals. Not sure who the eBay guy is, but just wanted everyone to know that he is offering a different part.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroStore:

Just to clarify, our dew wipes are exclusive, completely new units that are made on proprietary tooling. We have made several improvements to our dew wipes over the years and they are very close to the 85-88 originals. Not sure who the eBay guy is, but just wanted everyone to know that he is offering a different part.

Wondering why you are specifying the "85-88 originals" here. Are yours compatible with the 84? How are they different?
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are compatible, but the 84's used different outer door panels and dew wipes. You will notice on the 85-88 models that there is a lip inside the top rim of the outer door panel. That lip wasn't used on the 1984 door panel. Instead, it was on the dew wipe. So if you use 85-88 window felts on a 1984 model, you lose that lip. This is largely cosmetic, but under the right conditions, it is a bit more likely that water could find its way in the door.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock