Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3.8 SC-- Who would you put on your top BUILDER GURUS list?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3.8 SC-- Who would you put on your top BUILDER GURUS list? by fireboss
Started on: 07-10-2016 06:27 AM
Replies: 6 (474 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 07-16-2016 10:04 AM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2016 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who would you put on your top 5 list (top hp/tk)

Not turbo but Supercharged and active on the fourum. Preferably builders of streetable cars.
I like to bug them with a bunch of questions on building my first modded motor.
The engine and trans are from a 99 regal GS. Im not sure which trans it has (electronic or the HD version)
thanxs

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 07-10-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless others are running after market superchargers you can find out the hp looking up the donor cars.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2016 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over the years there have been many 3800 swaps done by members of this forum for others. They include Fieroguru, BMWguru, olejoedad, darkhorizon, fieroflyer , darthfiero, fierofreak , westcoasrfiero, and even myself on occasion. Many of these guys have done great work but to my my knowledge only Ryan (darthfiero) and West Coast Fieros are still doing them. Since Ryan has outlasted all others, I would say that he goes to the top of the list. There are some great reports on his work.
IMO, the reason why so few are still doing engine swaps is that the job requires many hours of fabrication and labor. Only a few Fiero owners want to spend the kind of money required to cover the cost of a new engine and the many hours of labor necessary.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2016 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One Name: Stephen Poe (MstangsBware)
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2016 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Over the years there have been many 3800 swaps done by members of this forum for others. They include Fieroguru, BMWguru, olejoedad, darkhorizon, fieroflyer , darthfiero, fierofreak , westcoasrfiero, and even myself on occasion.

I have never done a 3800 swap. I have merely worked on one for a friend.

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2016 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks guys...

I think I should explain better what I am searching for...Im going to do the swap.
And want to build up the engine for more power.

I never have built a Supercharged or any Fuel injected motor before(my experience has been mostly carbed v8s).
A good friend of mine is gonna help me do the swap and I plan on sourcing as many parts as I can from here and our associated vendors. eg-harness,axles,A/C lines,mounts,computer reprograming, etc...

My friend works building race car frames/cages locally and doesn't have much experience with the 3800 either.

I have been all over the net and am confused as heck where to start on building up the engine for above STOCK power.
I have done the usual searches on here and other fourums ,and the inevitable "Turbo vs Supercharge " arguments always seem to crash the threads and any more info gets screwed up after that.

I know turbo is higher in power and efficiency..but I want to keep the supercharger instead.

My engine is from a 99 GS and I want to use the donor trans in my swap.I will address the trans build later after I get the engine built,
bout the only thing so far I have gleamed from the info I have encounter is to go with the gen v and lim with a IC and Northstar TB..

After that I tanked.Although this will be built as a DD with A/C ,Im not concerned on cutting my rear deck or trunk for clearance.

Im so lost on injectors size and return-vs-returnless fuel lines not to mentioned cam and springs rates or valve sizes...and the list goes on and on...
Im just looking for some info and figure hell ask the guys who have real world knowledge for it.
As far as the HP/TK Im wanting to try and achieve--most I can and still drive it daily.
Well I feel that the guys who have real world experience with the engines are more than likely to have built there share of these engines will know the best parts combo and machining work needed to do it.
Im just looking for some info and figure hell ask those guys for there Opinions..on it.

I know it is the lazy way to do itand I do apologize to everyone for that,But would appreciate the help and guidance from you guys..

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 07-16-2016).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2016 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Step 1: look at the 1/4 mile list.
Step 2: Ignore the turbo/supercharged designation as nearly all had built supercharger setups prior to turbo.
Step 3: send PMs to the top ten 3800 owners.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock