Fiero Dutch Classic 2016 at Neffsville (PA) - 9/17/16 by MAFOA Events
Started on: 07-08-2016 10:48 PM
Replies: 23 (568 views)
Last post by: MAFOA Events on 09-20-2016 08:36 AM
MAFOA Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Please save the date for the 2016 edition of the Fiero Dutch Classic to be held as part of the Neffsville Rotary Car Show on September 17. Neffsville is a lovely town in Lancaster County, PA and this show-within-a-show is a must-attend for Fiero owners in the Mid-Atlantic region.

MAFOA will once again wrap up this year’s show calendar with our annual show / swap meet / club meeting at the Lancaster Northeast Rotary’s 15th Annual Neffsville Car Show. The show will be held on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at the Manheim Township Community Park. The Rotary is not only allowing us to have our show within their show, but also is providing reserved parking and free use of the same large pavilion in the lower corner of the show grounds for our cars and swap meet.

Pre-registration cost for MAFOA members is $20, and for non-members, $23 and may be done at our club’s web site www.mafoa.com. This covers your entry fee to the Neffsville show, one lunch from the concession stand, show prizes, live music of the 50’s and 60’s, and the entry fee to the MAFOA show. Participants are encouraged to bring parts / collectibles / literature / manuals / etc. for the swap meet or as donations to the club’s raffle table. Pre-registration is due before September 12, 2016. Day-of-event registration is $20 at the Rotary’s gate and $5 MAFOA club fee, or $8 for non-MAFOA members. This is a rain or shine event with the show field opening at 9 am.

The Neffsville show is in Amish country and is awash with hospitality and friendliness. Try some of the Amish baked goods…the prices drop toward the end of the day and you can get some real bargains on their pies, dumplings, pastries, chicken, etc. There will be hundreds of show cars to see with auto and food vendors at the top of the show field.

MAFOA Classes are: Stock Notchback, Stock Fastback, Custom/Modified Notchback, Custom/Modified Fastback and Daily Driver. Classes may be split if pre-entries warrant. A “Best of Show” award will also be given as well as other special awards.

The MAFOA Reserved Pavilion has its own parking away from the main show field in the shade of trees, but is still adjacent to the Rotary show field and offers a spectacular view of many fine stock and custom show vehicles. Our sister club, the Susquehanna Valley GTO’s will again be our neighbors.

Schedule for the Day
9 – 11 AM: Registration
11 AM – Noon: Participant Judging
Noon – 1:30 PM: Lunch
1:30 – 2:00 PM: Awards and Raffle
2:00 – 2:30 PM: MAFOA Annual Meeting

We welcome nominations and new additions for the upcoming year’s board. If you would like to help the club out as a board member or in another volunteer capacity, feel free to send us a PM.

In closing, this is a great place to pick up some of those Fiero parts you have been looking for as there will be half a pavilion full of parts to browse and buy. This event has everything going for it, so c’mon out and make it a day. We hope to see you and your Fiero at Neffsville. We would love to see you and your car come out to enjoy our Fiero community and friends. What you see, hear and learn is worth the effort in itself. Keep ‘em on the road.

[This message has been edited by MAFOA Events (edited 07-11-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2016 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received a registration flyer in the mail today.
johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would it be better to to register through the club rather than the show itself?
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi John,

Yes, please do - this way we know how many to expect for the Fiero show since that is separate from Neffsville's registration. We will have registration up this week.

Thanks!

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MAFOA Events

174 posts
Member since Jan 2014
Registration is now LIVE!

CLICK HERE to register.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there with or without the Blue Demon. Not sure if we will bring it along this trip but we'll bring Dad's to the show for sure.

~ Jen
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The show is on the calendar but Aug and Sept are busy months here. I will try to make it but won't know until the week before. Neffsville is a an excellent end of summer show. Lots of classic cars there and the private area with the pavilion reserved for Fiero owners is very nice. In the past lunch was even included with the price of admission . This may still be the case.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The flyer I got for the show said they still have the free lunch deal.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup! Lunch is included. See the top post :-)

Jen
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget to pre-register and save $ if you plan to attend! Only 2.5 weeks remain to pre-register!
foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2016 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
registered. bump to the top

------------------
Mark Hoagland
86 1/2 GT 3.4 5-speed 355 nose and tailights REAL bright yellow

84 SE Convertible

PFF
System Bot
foxgapfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I the only car showing up for this show? Anyone else going?

------------------
Mark Hoagland
86 1/2 GT 3.4 5-speed 355 nose and tailights REAL bright yellow

84 SE Convertible

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going if the weather cooperates.
johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going, but another show came up that I've been to in the past. It's run by an elderly car guy in failing health as a memorial to his son who was killed around five years ago. His son was driving to a show when a woman driving at a high rate of speed and texting rear ended him. She never saw him nor even hit her breaks. She hit him so hard that the car bucked and burst into flames. He tried to get out of the car but he was trapped. Others on the way to the show tried to get him out, and put the fire out with fire extinguishers but the fire was too big. The texting woman walked away, but other car people made her watch what she had done.

I felt bad because only five cars showed up for last years show so he changed the show to Sept. this year, so Mariann and I will bring the Fiero and her semi show car, a like new 01 Monte Carlo SS Limited to support him.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,

You'll definitely be missed but certainly that is an incredibly worthy cause to support!

Mark - so far there are over 15 cars pre-registered. It looks like it is going to be a great day as usually another 10-15 show up and register the day of the show.

It's not too late to pre-register and save $$$ - pre-registration ends this weekend!

~ Jen
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to the show!

Saturday, September 17th, 2016
The Manheim Twp Community Park
200 Petersburg Rd Lititz, PA 17543

Here's a pic of the park hosting the show. The entrance to the park loop is at the bottom off Petersburg Rd (also called Rte 722). The Fiero show will be in the north east corner of the park. Go in the entrance, follow the loop around (not sure if it's the same direction every year, but it was clockwise last year) until you get to the the pavilion area shown in the upper right of the pic:

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a quality show that usually draws about 15 or more Fieros but part of the fun is the cruise out. Lunch is also included in the price of admission and there are many classic cars of all makes on the show field. Its a fairly large show . I am disappointed that I cannot be there but a funeral for a relative tomorrow will prevent our attendance. Have fun everyone.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Its a quality show that usually draws about 15 or more Fieros but part of the fun is the cruise out. Lunch is also included in the price of admission and there are many classic cars of all makes on the show field. Its a fairly large show . I am disappointed that I cannot be there but a funeral for a relative tomorrow will prevent our attendance. Have fun everyone.

It's not a fairly large show it is a big show I have gone for three years now and have always seen more then 350 cars ..... All makes and models .... I like parking with them on the grass I should have three with me and my monte out there too .... It's always a fun show .. And will prob never miss it because of Mr. Myer!! I will be over to look at what everyone has for sale and check out the fieros !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a great day for a show, and a great turnout as well. I didn't take a lot of pics, but here's a few.

Tried to capture the whole Fiero field, but there were too many cars to get a good shot. Here's the field:

One side:

Other side:

Pavilion with MAFOA welcoming banner:

And here's the club participation banner which MAFOA won earlier this year at Carlisle's GM Nationals for largest club participation!!! Our club members rock!!

Trophies on the table before the winners were announced:

Here are a couple of non-Fieros that caught my eye. Charger with a Viper motor:

Last generation Supra. I know I'm probably not supposed to like these, but I just do:
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FTF Engineering

710 posts
Member since Sep 2001
So lets see other peoples pictures! I know I wasn't the only one taking pics!!
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could have made it, only reason why I couldn't go is because it was my mom's birthday on the 17th. Looks like it was a nice turnout!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Wish I could have made it, only reason why I couldn't go is because it was my mom's birthday on the 17th. Looks like it was a nice turnout!

Yes, if Shawn were there - we'd have a ton of pictures ;-) But don't feel bad, we had an unexpected death change our trip to PA to an earlier weekend so we missed out also.

Bruce - thanks for sharing!!!
foxgapfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a great time. Had nice talks with owners and maybe sold a few parts. I found out what my fuel consumption problem was when I got home, bad thermostat, replacing that today. We did follow a nice Ferrari toward home, I'm sure he saw my 355 nose in his rearview.
Gonna be at this one again next year.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SF-1= Joe Aponick, 1988 GT
SF-2= Stewart Noll, 1988 GT
SF-3= Daniel Alexander, 1987 GT

SN-1= Rich Vincenzini, 1988 Formula
SN-2= Peter Hirschberg, 1988 Formula
SN-3= Kathy Jack, 1988 Formula

Cust-1= Gerry Tarnofsky, 1988 GT
Cust-2= Lee Herneisen, 1988 GT
Cust-3= Nate Williams, 1988 GT

Mod-1= Dennis Earvase, 1986 SE
Mod-2= Mark Hoagland, 1988 GT
Mod-3= Jim Teague, 1984 Coupe

DD-1= Brian Gaughan, 1987 GT
DD-2= Philip Estel, 1987 SE
DD-3= Kenny McMillan, 1988 GT

BOS= Dennis Earvase, 1986 SE

In total, there were 27 Fieros on the FDC showfield and a few other beautiful Fieros on the Neffsville grounds.

Thanks to all who came out!

[This message has been edited by MAFOA Events (edited 09-20-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock