I am looking to see if anyone has a good picture of the plate V-8 Archie made for the LT1 alternator/belt tensioner. I have most of one but I really need to replace it with something well whole. I have tried to contact Archie but it seems that retirement has him busy (Lucky guy) Might as well also ask what people use to clean up their wiring when they do an engine swap. I am using the split black plastic stuff but I am wondering if there is a better way. Thanks
As for wiring, I use summit's own brand braided wire looms. They are plastic, come in many diameters, and are very nicely priced. I use the smallest of black plastic zip-ties, evenly spaced, to ensure a very neat and clean look, and the loom itself wraps very neatly around wires as though it were springloaded. Really a great product, next step up is a very similar braid from painless performance, but the cost is a bit more. The plastic of summit's product WILL melt so obviously route your harness accordingly. It has held up awesome for my 406 SBC trans am.
The stuff you can get locally ( Autozone, O'reilly's, Home Depot, etc) is usually the low temp stuff. I've used it ( I'm cheap), but you have to be really careful of your routing. If you can find a relatively newer car in the Pick and Pull, you might be able to score some clean loom that way too.