Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  2016 Scion TC wheels on a Fiero. Will they fit, as previous Scion TC years did?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
2016 Scion TC wheels on a Fiero. Will they fit, as previous Scion TC years did? by JohnWPB
Started on: 07-01-2016 11:59 PM
Replies: 7 (437 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 04-01-2024 12:19 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a new Scion TC while I was out today. The rims look a little more defined, and more agressive sharper lines than the older TC rims. I know NOTHING about off sets, bolt patterns, spacing and such. Does anyone know if they are the same size as previous Scion years, and if they will fit. The wheels I have on my car now are from an older model TC, roughly a 2010 year model. They are 17" and I had to have them machined to expand the opening by 1mm.

Here is a 2016 Scion TC

Here are the Scion TC wheels, circa 2010 on my car now:

And here is a very rough PhotoShop of the wheels on my car. I do like the look....

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-02-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are 18x7.5" wide with a 39mm offset. The issue is that the bolt pattern is 5x115
If it had the right bolt pattern, it would move inwards about 3/4" from the stock lace wheels with that offset.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 nails in the coffin, 18's AND the wrong bolt pattern. I just purchased new tires (around 200 miles on them) and was looking for a 17" replacement.

It's a shame, as I really like the look of these.

My original Scion rims are bubbling and starting to look really bad. Not too sure what the issue is, as the car has always been under roof.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those DO look good on your car - too bad they won't work, I really like the pattern also.

Check out the FK Ethos RT-7M (from Discount Tire)
Not exactly the same, but similar, come in 17", and fit the Fiero

And GORGEOUS car BTW

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John...here is another Scion option with little effort I have utilized on several of my Fieros:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/074128.html

As you can see it is a alloy and black rim...the place that is the un-painted alloy (silver) cold easily be powder coated the same blue color as your paint...which might look pretty cool and very custom.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 07-02-2016).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

Those DO look good on your car - too bad they won't work, I really like the pattern also.

Check out the FK Ethos RT-7M (from Discount Tire)
Not exactly the same, but similar, come in 17", and fit the Fiero

And GORGEOUS car BTW

Thanks, I found a couple I like there actually.....

Originally posted by TXOPIE:
John...here is another Scion option with little effort I have utilized on several of my Fieros:

Nice, but a little "smoother" then the new 2016 ones for sure. I have looked at wheels for a few years now, and I find it hard to find one I actually like enough to purchase. As always, the one I did see, and thought would work, will not.

I will keep looking.....

BingB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2024 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
The wheels I have on my car now are from an older model TC, roughly a 2010 year model. They are 17" and I had to have them machined to expand the opening by 1mm.

Pretty sure these are the same wheels I just bought.

Will the centercap from a Fiero wheel fit in those?

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2024 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

Pretty sure these are the same wheels I just bought.

Will the centercap from a Fiero wheel fit in those?

I honestly do not know. The scion ones I purchased came with their own chrome center caps. I just used my vinyl cutter to make Fiero logos to put in the center of the supplied ones.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock