Transaxle bolts/other issues by painandgain99
Started on: 06-29-2016 09:10 PM
Replies: 5 (140 views)
Last post by: painandgain99 on 07-05-2016 12:08 PM
painandgain99

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rather than posting questions in my old thread ill just keep them all here that way people dont get mislead by the title.

I lost a bolt that holds the bellhousing to the engine. But im not sure which one. I have 2 studs and 3 bolts. Not sure if i lost a stud or bolt. Would really appreciate if anyone can tell me which one im missing and the size of it so i can go buy a new one. Would also be much appreciated if anyone knows where it can be purchased.

On top of that, does anyone on here have a blown up photo diagram of where each of the bolts/ studs go? I know the 2 studs i have go under the crossover pipe and the other goes by the rear tranny mount.

Hopefully i can get the car running again tomorrow i had to stop at the point im at cause im missing a bolt and the other 2 are holding the hoist to the engine! Thanks in advance i really need help on this one

(Update: pretty positive its a stud from what ive read. Does anyone know the size of the stud and where i can get it?)
------------------
87' GT 5 speed 😤 16 years old
My IG for daily motivation: Alpha_Photos

[This message has been edited by painandgain99 (edited 06-29-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Just need the stud size

------------------

painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ended up having to thread a larger bolt in. Onto the next question. Does anyone know where i can get a trunk bracket? Lifting the car bent mine and the decklid wont close all the way

------------------

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by painandgain99:

Does anyone know where i can get a trunk bracket?
Lifting the car bent mine and the decklid wont close all the way

Lucky it didn't break.
Put it in a vise and hammer it back to shape.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the engie back in and everything hooked up just forgot something.. theres 2 wires that feed through the firewall above the ecm. Ones green and the other i believe is brown but im not positive. Can anyone tell me what these wires go to

Update: the wires that i dont know where to connect are green and black. I followed them backand they have their own harness that goes to the distributor cap, ignition coil and a few things in that area. The wires cut on my ecm are white and the other is light brown with a black stripe. I didnt cut these wires and the green and black ones were spliced into other wires im just not sure which ones. Should i try connecting them? I dont want to hurt anything
------------------

[This message has been edited by painandgain99 (edited 07-04-2016).]

painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Followed the wires to the distributor and spliced then to the proper ones on the harness. Ive connected all the grounding straps and the battery, wiring harness and plugged in most accesories (air filter housing etc) and theres no power to the car still. Not even lights. The battery is charging currently but i doubt itd be so dead the light wouldnt go on. Can anyone tell me if im missing something?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock