What can I do with my 84 project?? by Ben84Fiero2M4
Started on: 06-26-2016 10:39 AM
Replies: 1 (180 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-26-2016 02:18 PM
Ben84Fiero2M4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ben84Fiero2M4Send a Private Message to Ben84Fiero2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, last August I bought an 84 4 speed and since have used it as a daily driver. Now I have a new daily driver but I want to keep my fiero as a project car. My question is, what can I do with about a $3000 budget? I'd love to engine swap, and I'd love to do as much as I can myself but I'm 19 and have little experience other than changing oil and belts.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I was 19 and had that type of budget, that money would go to WAY more important items than a Fiero....such as computers, tv's, and stuff that would truly benefit me in the long run. Your Fiero as it sits with the current market value is not worth $3,000 if you tried to sell it. To plunk another $3,000 just for fun would be wasting money if you cannot do it yourself, the labor cost alone to do a major modification would kill half of your budget.

Now I'm just saying that because of your young age and I'm old and married with kids. I would be upgrading the daily driver if I had my choice. The most important thing you have to do before you spend any money on the Fiero is to remove the fender liner from the rear wheel well and see if your frame looks like this:

If the frame is even close to that, sell or scrap the car because it is very dangerous to drive.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-26-2016).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock