84 fiero swap by gorilla13
Started on: 06-12-2016 12:58 AM
Replies: 2 (194 views)
Last post by: Wierwulf on 06-24-2016 09:03 PM
gorilla13

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2016 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gorilla13Send a Private Message to gorilla13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK been ready on motor swaps and my question is I have an 84 SE auto no air. What is the best and easies swap and what parts do I have to get. I have a friend in the boneyard who has mid 80's and 90's grand ams and a few other 3400.

------------------
IF IT HAS TIRES OR T*TS SOONER OR LATER YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE WITH IT.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2016 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wierwulf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WierwulfSend a Private Message to WierwulfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That article was pretty good and full of useful info to help Gorilla. I am doing a 3.4L DOHC swap from a 1993 Cutlass Supreme. The car was a driver when I yanked the engine, ECM, exhaust manifolds, and engine wiring harness. The engine rebuild can finally start now that my engine machining is finished. Unless you are on a very limited budget, plan on going through any V6 you choose to do so you are not pulling the engine when the worn parts let go. I dropped $1500 into my machine work and new pistons/bearings/gaskets/oil pump/valve train so I can have an 8000 rpm 275 hp engine in my 85 GT. I estimate about the same going into my 4-speed to have the case x-ray inspected and strengthened as-needed to handle the engine and tires. I found Ryan Gick at Sinister Performance to be excellent to talk to, extremely knowledgeable on Fiero swaps, and a source for custom tuning the ECM to unleash the engine's potential.

Good luck on your swap.

Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock