From Humble Beginnings... by ITR SOL
Started on: 06-08-2016 03:49 PM
Replies: 18 (747 views)
Last post by: ITR SOL on 08-23-2016 01:05 PM
ITR SOL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It begins...

As I found it, on eBay. It's still waiting to be picked up and brought to its new home.

1985 GT, 4 Speed, 89k miles. Seller claims it needs new shifter cables, but runs otherwise.

[This message has been edited by ITR SOL (edited 06-08-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITR SOL:

Seller claims it needs new shifter cables...

I suspect it doesn't shift without grinding gears... which is often the clutch hydraulic system which is at fault (rather than the cables).

Anyway, your education on Fieros has begun. Congrats on joining the fray!
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2016 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fate has plans for this little notchback...

L32 out of a 2005 Impala SS.

[This message has been edited by ITR SOL (edited 06-08-2016).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FATE was good to this little Fiero...good to see another Fiero getting a fresh new life
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2016 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Teasers....

That's all you get for now.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2016 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ITR SOL

193 posts
Member since Jun 2016
This is one of my inspirations for the way I'm going to make my car look....

There's been a lot of discussion about this car in a few threads, like this one...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/085361.html

I wonder how that wing, and those skirts would look on my car...? I wonder what it would take to get ahold of those...?

[This message has been edited by ITR SOL (edited 06-16-2016).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like that engine is being held up by a RUBBER STRAP

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 06-16-2016).]

ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2016 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I picked the car up Saturday. I'm still considering a name for it. It has 89k legitimate miles, and has been owned by the same family for several years. It does have issues going into gears, with it needing to be coerced to go into Reverse. I don't know if this is the cables, or the hydraulic system. I didn't get any grinding, just difficulty selecting the gears. It started up and drive off the trailer just fine.

The PO was a really great guy who had it all jacked up and ready to be loaded on the dolly for me. Between him and his son, they loaded it in no time. They're in the process of restoring a '70 Mach 1 Mustang, and a 67 Chevelle SS simultaneously, and just didn't need this car, which is why I was able to steal it for a little over $500.

On a side note, I strongly recommend either removing or somehow securing the sunroof when towing a car backwards on a dolly. It was closed and latched, but I lost the sunroof doing about 80 mph. The plastic handle snapped, and that thing got some pretty serious height and distance. I've never seen that happen before. Add a sunroof to the needed parts list now.

So far this list includes new tail lights, new side molding (I want smooth not ribbed) and new rear bumper, and the various swap parts to have the 3800 and F23 squeezed in.

[This message has been edited by ITR SOL (edited 06-20-2016).]

ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2016 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Handymanpat has once again come through in a major way. He has the bumper, sails, molding, tail lights, and a bunch of other stuff for me to make things right, all for a resaonable price. For anyone looking for parts, don't hesitate looking him up in the mall.

On a side note, I haven't opened anything yet, but I got several packages from a guy we'll call "Kurt". Remember the picture of the sick black notchie up above? Apparently fortune favors the bold.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2016 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smooth moulding won't match up with the ribbed arrows on the front fascia.
PFF
System Bot
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2016 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Smooth moulding won't match up with the ribbed arrows on the front fascia.

They're removable/replaceable aren't they?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Handymanpat has once again come through in a major way. He has the bumper, sails, molding, tail lights, and a bunch of other stuff for me to make things right, all for a resaonable price. For anyone looking for parts, don't hesitate looking him up in the mall.

On a side note, I haven't opened anything yet, but I got several packages from a guy we'll call "Kurt". Remember the picture of the sick black notchie up above? Apparently fortune favors the bold.

Kurt Mylar. 😎 He has a white one, and a sweet red gt.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-22-2016).]

ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2016 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Kurt Mylar. 😎 He has a white one, and a sweet red gt.

Yep and each one has less parts now.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2016 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dropped by the shop that acts as my post office at times, and picked up the four packages from Kurt. I haven't opened them up to inspect them, but they're supposed to have some goodies for my little notchback. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

On a side note, I don't know what kind of car my spoiler came off of, but it fits the Fiero well, and looks very nice IMO. Unfortunately I have other plans, and will be selling or trading my decklid and spoiler for one without a spoiler on it. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by ITR SOL (edited 06-23-2016).]

fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2016 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoiler is off a Dodge Shadow.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2016 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroall:

Spoiler is off a Dodge Shadow.

Cool, thanks for the info.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2016 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No new news recently, other than another Fiero enthusiast has divided some of his hoard and has single-handedly turned me into a hoarder as well. Yeah, the wife is going to LOVE this.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2016 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the stuff I "inherited" for the car were some Firebird interior parts (console, dash, door panels). I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I'm happy to have this as an option. On the other, it just increased my to do list, and the cost. I decided to roll with it, and just bought some mint-ish black leather seats on CL for a decent price. I'm trying to decide how far to go with this. Once it cools off a bit, I'm going to start trying to get some stuff done. I don't have a cooled garage to work in, so there's no way I'm risking heat stroke.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock