Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  You should have seen them slowing down to see the blond in the sports car!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
You should have seen them slowing down to see the blond in the sports car! by Chris Eddy
Started on: 06-05-2016 06:13 PM
Replies: 3 (462 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 06-09-2016 12:07 PM
Chris Eddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2016 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris EddySend a Private Message to Chris EddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few days ago I conscripted my 20 year old daughter Jamie to tag along to get my Fiero. I had been working on it at a friends about 45 minutes away.
So when done, and ready to hit the road, I gave Jamie a 10 minute lesson on driving manual. Throw her in, sink or swim! This daughter is the independent one.. when she puts her mind to it, it will happen. Predictably, she was good enough to get on the road.
We are in western PA, where you will not see that many Fieros at this point. Winter salt is just too much. So we get the car to the highway, with Jamie driving the Fiero, and me tagging along behind. It was great.. folks would sometimes slow with brakes, check out the Fiero with the blond driving it, and then accelerate and keep going.

As if that was not enough though.. just before we started out, it started to rain. Alas, the wipers did not work at all. It is HARD to drive with no wipers! I limped back to friend Kens, and we studied the problem. We found that there was a purple wire under the hood that was related to fan operation.. so we removed the circuit board in the wiper motor housing, and wired up one wire to one of the 5 terminals inside the housing to the purple wire. Tada, wipers.. so I told Jamie.. if it rains, turn the fan on. To turn the wipers off again, turn the fan off. It worked great!

At this point, she sure does like the car. I am sure that it will turn into a passion, so someday, it will be hers.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2016 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol good story
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2016 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice story. We get compliments from my sons fiance about my Fiero all the time. Many young people seem to like the sporty look and timeless design.
As for the windshield wiper circuit board, they can be repaired by replacing a few small parts. There is info on the repair process somewhere in the archives of this forum and I believe that Rodney Dickman may sell a kit.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2016 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This reminded me of something that happened last year. OK, not a Fiero story but it was hilarious...

I ride a Harley Davidson Sportster. My 16 year old daughter loves to ride with me on short country road cruises. One day last summer we stopped at In-and-Out for lunch and parked the bike in a spot right next to the drive through lane. After lunch we were just about to leave when I realized I had forgotten my glasses on the table so I dashed back in. My daughter went out to the bike and was suiting up. So there she is standing next to the bike, all 4'11" of her. Jacket and gloves were on and she was just donning the helmet when I came back out. I could see the people in the drive through lane gawking and pointing as it looked like she was about to jump on and roar away. The expressions were hilarious and we all had a big laugh when I showed them my helmet and threw a leg over the bike. Priceless father - daughter memory.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock