Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Its time to Plan for the Big 28th Street Metro Cruise and many many cars shows!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Its time to Plan for the Big 28th Street Metro Cruise and many many cars shows! by solotwo
Started on: 06-04-2016 08:28 PM
Replies: 3 (160 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 06-20-2016 11:24 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems hard to believe, but in a little less than 3 months it will be the BIG Annual 28th Street Metro Cruise in Grand Rapids. Lots of cars show up to the cruise. The cruise is basically from Burlingame in Wyoming on the west side to Center-point Mall in Kentwood on the east side. About 10(?) miles or so. With car shows at different areas along 28th street. Some of the car dealers along 28th street hold car shows for the make they sell. The strip mall in Wyoming has a big car show. The only "Pontiac show" will be the Fieros at Harvey Automotive campus. We have been blessed for the past 3 years in having an area just for us! John Leese has been very gracious in letting us park our cars at his campus.

"Harvey Automotive will be holding their annual vintage car shows at Harvey Cadillac, Harvey Lexus and Harvey Auto Outlet!
The 28th Street Metro Cruise and car shows at the Harvey Auto Campus will take place on Saturday, August 27, 2016."
Harvey has the Cadillac club bring their cars and some are very very old and some are very unique. The Oldsmobile Club also is invited to attend and they have some unique cars. In the past the MG people have been included.

John( the owner) Leese's wife owns a very very low mileage loaded Yellow T-top 88 Fiero GT which they will display along with our cars.

They plan on a live remove with WLAV FM, possibly one with WHTS FM at the Outlet, 55 Bar-B-Que's great food, some special cars in the showrooms, and a DJ spinning tunes.

Lets get a big turn out! They are kind enough to give us some free parking space( the only Pontiac's to have their own space) on 28th Street and it is across from the famous Berger Chevrolet.

Plan on attending! If you can drive your Fiero bring it! Don't worry about not being a show car. My car looks like crap but it will be there!
I will bring a canopy for shade to watch the cars on 28th street. Bring a lawn chair, shade if you have something, water, sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, binoculars, ear plugs if your ears are sensitive for the top fuel funny car that will make some noise at Berger. LOL

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-06-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2016 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might be able to make it this year!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2016 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Might be able to make it this year!

Great! After my wife informed me of all the junk she wants done, plus all the junk I need to do to my car, looks like this may be my only fun time for the year.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be emailing all the Fiero owners that I have on an old email list to inform them of this event.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock