ez lip by Bruce
Started on: 06-02-2016 12:22 PM
Replies: 15 (625 views)
Last post by: Australian on 06-04-2016 02:11 AM
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought and installed one of these on my Hyundai Tiburon. It looks great, but I'm just hoping the adhesive tape holds.
I was thinking of buying one for my '86 GT...
Thanks!
bb
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You bought a WHAT?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bruce:

It looks great...

Yeah? Post a pic!
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2016 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My guess is ,it is a lower bumper splitter .

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

To keep the air going around the car and not under it.. The 3m tape is strong, but I'd not trust it to keep this on, as It'll most likely be installed over the paint, and not the bumper itself..

other than looks it won't do much on the public roads as they are not flat enough to get the car low enough..

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ez-lip is similar to the rubber weatherstrip that fits on the bottom of a garage door. I bought one for my 88 wide body project. It is a black foam material that forms to the radius areas of the front corners of the Fiero nose/bumper section while running the entire perimeter of the nose/bumper .. Can be found on EBay. I think the tape will work, but a few fender washers screwed from below, installed at strategic locations, might give you some peace of mind. It actually adds some protection against scuffs and dings to the leading edge of a front nose while making the car look lower from the front .
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the description for other members and for the installation tips!
bb
Supracoupe

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photo of one installed. +1 on E.Furgal suggestion for the trim screws. Had it on a couple of months now with no issues over several hundred miles.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A lip like this.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2016 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So garden edging and a roll of 3m double sided tape
Supracoupe

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty much!
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.ezlip.com/

Looks to be interesting.
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use very good cleaner to remove All wax oil etc where the tape will live.

If you fail to clean then expect to loose whatever. Carb cleaners and others leave crap behind and if tape stick, won't stick long term.
If comes off while driving, is big enough to get in tires, hooked on exhaust, etc.
If it sticks good one place and not the other then could damage the car.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BJC350,
Do you have a picture or drawings of your suggested installation method?
Thanks,
bb
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2016 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
youtube.
mighty car mods..
They add one..... and it is comic gold
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a couple quick photos of how I will be installing on my wide body nose. These are bench photos showing the profile of the lip material and a couple different screw options you might use.

Here is a profile of the lip material, the red being the 3M mounting tape. I just picked out a couple different screws/bolts you might use. Ended up showing the sheetmetal screw/washer with a speed nut.

This photo shows the washered screw going through the 3M area, then through a piece of plastic(the nose of the car) and then into a speed nut on the inside. if there is no room for the speed nut, you likely could use a self drilling screw/washer and just run it up through the nose, but don't over drive it. Tighten the screw to just contact the lip, dont deform the lip. Put a screw at each end of the lip, one at the start of each front curve and one in the center of each curve. Add one or two additional on the long runs. Don't overtighten, they are just there for security to mechanically fasten the lip. Anyway, that is how mine will be installed. Good luck, EZ LIP doesn't have much for instructions on my purchase.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forget the grease remover there are only 2 ways to make this stick one is to sand and repaint the underside as it already has scratches and gouges which will never allow the tape to stick.

The only way is to screw it to the car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock