Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone every go to Cecil County (MD) Dragway?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone every go to Cecil County (MD) Dragway? by edfiero
Started on: 05-30-2016 03:59 PM
Replies: 10 (443 views)
Last post by: Shade Tree Fiero on 06-05-2016 02:44 PM
edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard they have 'Test and Tune' time on Wednesday evenings. I am wondering if that would be a good time to go when its not crowded??
How much does it cost? For test and tune runs do you have to undergo any kind of inspection?
I think I'd like to go down there some time for 3 or 4 passes to see what the SD4 will do.
Anything I should know in advance?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live less than 10 minutes from there, but I can't hear anything from my house, (too bad). Used to go quite a bit, but sadly, haven't been there in about 14 years. Lost a lot of interest when they started letting the bikes run on Friday nights. My 7 year old nephew wants to go so I guess I'll be making a trip this summer.

http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that Bill & Earl Sessions (Bills3800 & LilDevil) used to go there alot. They now have young children so I'm not sure they make it out as much but I can dig up their e-mails if you don't have luck reaching them via PM.

~ Jen

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4
MAFOA Newsletter Director

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last time I was there it was like 12 bucks to run your car. Its been like 6 years since I had my blazer out there. Friday nights were not to bad from what I remember. Never been on a Wednesday though.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

I know that Bill & Earl Sessions (Bills3800 & LilDevil) used to go there alot. They now have young children so I'm not sure they make it out as much but I can dig up their e-mails if you don't have luck reaching them via PM.

~ Jen

I've sent a PM to LilDevil, (no response yet), But I couldn't find a user named Bills3800.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ed, are you on any of the Fiero FB pages? If so, I know they are on there. I will also reach out and get their current e-mails.

~ Jen
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Event there next w/e :

Mid-Atlantic Car Show and Nostalgia Drags June 11 8-5 RD 6/12 $25reg to benefit Boys and Girls Clubs of Cecil County; Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD; general adm. $15 302-544-0306 carshowjohn@gmail.com
Shade Tree Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shade Tree FieroSend a Private Message to Shade Tree FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up 55 gal of fuel wed night at cecil for a friend of mine.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shade Tree Fiero:

I picked up 55 gal of fuel wed night at cecil for a friend of mine.

What was the crowd like? Did you notice if there was much of a wait to run the cars?
Any idea on the current cost to get in?
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't help you much. Last time I ran at Cecil was in the late 60's early 70's during the GTO era. Went down in recent times as a spectator and those boys were running jet engines in their vehicles. Talk about a chest pounding event!!

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Shade Tree Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2016 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shade Tree FieroSend a Private Message to Shade Tree FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No crowd at all .
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock