Got my z24 wheels on. by Buck531
Started on: 05-24-2016 09:24 PM
Replies: 9 (590 views)
Last post by: Australian on 06-10-2016 04:19 AM
Buck531

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up my Fiero about 2 months ago and the tires were pretty rotted pretty bad but enough to drive on. I searched around on here on what wheels would work and and also would be cheap. I ended up 16" cavalier z24 wheels I picked up on Craigslist last week for $100. A few days later I was looking for tires that weren't junk so I found a set for $65 bucks. Sumitomo's with barely any treadwear. I swear the tires are probably stolen (would make sense because the part of town I got them in).

So I started stripping them as they were pretty nasty and one had a nice slice down the center of two of the spokes.

Then got a few decent coats of primer and then ended up with Dupli-color silver/gray wheel paint along with some clearcoat.

Not a bad investment for about $200 including the stripper, paint, clear, etc. I had my son mount the tires on the wheels for free since he works at a tire shop .

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
03 Buick Regal. 13.0x @103
99 Buick Regal - Poverty race car 13.1 @103
87 Fiero GT. Soon to be getting poverty race cars engine.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look good and congrads on the price
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Buck531:

IMO, you need a set of These on the back.
Buck531

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I probably do need some of those. I couldn't see a price in the thread? I might do something in the future but for now this plan was to get rid of the 15" wheels and the rot in the 3 of the 4 tires I was running. Just to keep it somewhat safer.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Buck531:

Yeah I probably do need some of those. I couldn't see a price in the thread?

At $35, these spacers Here are about half of what I paid several years ago.

I suspect your wheels probably have the same 42mm offset as the Sunfire wheels I use. One inch (25mm) hubcentric spacers will be perfect on your rear wheels.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-26-2016 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do, not.. DO NOT cheap out on Wheel adapters...

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 05-26-2016).]

Buck531

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I probably won't do anything until I finish the 3800 swap (whenever that'll be). Right now i'm still collecting parts and need to put the 3800 motor back together.
Supracoupe

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2016 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

+1 on that. Watching your wheel pass you is not a pleasant thing.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2016 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supracoupe:

Watching your wheel pass you is not a pleasant thing.

Some people believe that'll eventually be an occurrence no matter what the quality of the spacers/adapters are. I'm not one of those people.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

It is not actually the wheel adaptors it is the bolts sheering threads so never buy cheap bolts.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock