Center console by ARFiero
Started on: 05-20-2016 06:45 PM
Replies: 5 (545 views)
Last post by: ARFiero on 06-02-2016 09:23 PM
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted this question in Tech but wasn't answered so I thought I would ask here. Does anyone know the length of the center console from the firewall to the end of the shifter surround? Or could someone measure it for me? I am making a new console for my Fiero out of carbon and don't have my car here yet to take the measurement myself. Thanks for any help!

Shelby

[This message has been edited by ARFiero (edited 05-20-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you asking for a horizontal dimension from the carpet to the shift bezel? 21 3/4 "

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 05-20-2016).]

ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, thank you! I am using the original arm rest / glove box plastic base ( I removed the vinyl and foam) and creating a type of overlay that will extend to cover all the way up to where the shifter surround ends. I am making a mold to lay up the carbon fiber and will be able recreate the new cover. Pictures will come as I proceed through it.

Shelby
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind that there is a lot of assembly tolerance with interior parts. I would guess + or - 3/8".
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I will build in some.
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I forgot to take pictures but started to beef up the console. I stripped the vinyl and padding away from the original waterfall . I placed brackets alon the inside to keep the sides from caving in as I place it in a bag and put it in a vacuume to form the mold for the carbon fiber overlay. My intentions are to use the existing waterfall as a base and create a cover out of carbon fiber. The console will be one piece and will extend to under my dash (2001 Trans Am dash). I will also be losing the shifter surround and incorporating the shifter hole. I will b using an automatic shifter and will update the look of the shifter.

Shelby

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock