RANT **** beware on ebay of guy named smalltown_auto by straws
Started on: 05-12-2016 05:32 PM
Replies: 21 (747 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 05-16-2016 02:30 PM
straws

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took great pictures of Fiero parts for my $4.99 sale on ebay. This guy bid the sale price up to almost $30. NP I thought. I described the used 30 year old fabric pieces as nice condition. This guy claims what was pictured in the auction is not what he received.

HULLO, has anyone here ever removed door pockets from a car? They are almost always destroyed. So there was normal wear and tear, but absolutely nothing that was not shown in the pictures. He said he was going to have to get the piping professionally redone, and then have them professionally cleaned to get the discoloration out.

I gave him his refund, because I have been on ebay for 19 years with the same user name, and here with the similiar name for 5 years with never a complaint about what I describe or something missing or not arriving (jinx). I am offended, but I kept my cool on ebay, but this guy smalltown_auto claims to have "several Fieros" and he knows them well. OBVIOUSLY he has never tried replacing these stupid pouches, and he does not have a reference to many other cars.

Do I need to place a rating scale like this?....Crap, poor, driver quality, nice, really good, and excellent? Hullo, this is an opinion. and of course I do not offer returns, but I will do anything to maintain my rating.

Now he is a hypocrite, because his listings on ebay say he does not accept returns and people should look closely at the pictures before bidding. A-Hole!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Door pockets are easily removed with no damage......
straws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for that encouragement! Spot on bro!
jaymelk2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaymelk2Send a Private Message to jaymelk2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think what straws meant was they are usually pretty trashed being where they can get kicked and rubbed on all the time

------------------
87 GT....SBC...fast as hell...
Proud new owner of....THE DIRTY RAT

straws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No explanation needed. Some people have 7000 posts because they feel the need to chime in on everything. This is my first rant, and I attracted someone who feels they do not want to read the whole post and comment.

I posted Detailed pictures on ebay. Every single thing the guy complained about was so absolutely clear in the picture...then he tells ebay that what he recieved is not what was pictured, and solely relied on my condition of "nice". I would rather give the money back than ever deal with people like that. Then a troll says...its not hard to remove them. Hello, they have about 6 little clips (thin sliced washers in place of screws) that are burried in carpet. When removing nicely they are a pain...half hour for the pair to be careful.

So for what's his name to simply take a crack shot, I would rather folks just stay silent and not comment. Hello, this is a rant, so if someone wants to banter, I am in the mood. Ebay's stupid policy is that to keep peace in the family, I have to pay for his return shipping!

[This message has been edited by straws (edited 05-12-2016).]

thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When it comes to used car parts, I take a lot of pictures and don't use a lot of words. I usually limited my description to "As pictured, used but functional 30 year old car parts. If you would like additional or higher resolution pictures just let me know." I don't make any claims beyond that because there's always that guy who thinks he found the secret listing for some barn find part that everyone else overlooked. Sounds like you ran into that guy. It's just bad luck - not much can be done except what you did.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people have 7000 posts because they've been on here for twelve years and help people out in the Tech section.
To quote...
'HULLO, has anyone here ever removed door pockets from a car? They are almost always destroyed.'
I took that to mean damage from removal, not from wear.
If you want to rant, have at it.
Just be clear in your statements.
straws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad
I'm glad you can quote others well, and navigate this site well over your tenure! Bravo. You obviously want the 7000 post last word record.

You are a superior man, and know everything about everything! Have at it! Enjoy. Do you want the last word again?
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want 7000 posts! I'm too lazy to type that much though. Can I just buy my tenure?
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
straws, man up and pull your panties out of your butt crack. Thirty dollars? Cry me a river, I lost a lot more than that on eBay due to crooks. Olejoedad is a great asset to this forum and has helped many members here. He made a very valid point and you insulted him and then tried to excuse it because you're "ranting".

Grow up.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Straws, maybe you should stick to decaff.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by straws:

You are a superior man, and know everything about everything!

At least you recognize the measure of a man.....
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Some people have 7000 posts because they've been on here for twelve years and help people out in the Tech section.

Just be clear in your statements.

Olejodad has proven his expertise many times over, and is a great asset to people like me who can barely change brake pads.. Relax bud, it's $30. The time spent advertising and packaging something of such little value is probably more than $30. Your statement did appear to imply that removing the pockets almost always destroys them, which is not true.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 05-13-2016).]

bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow straws.....calling out some of the most knowledgeable people on the forum. Stick to the decaf for sure.
I don't know the condition of the parts you sold. But cry over $30??????? Really.
I will say this. Your description wasn't real clear about the damage.
Heres and idea.....post some pics of what you sold here. Then people can see what you sold. Rather than what you described.
Olejoedad and Patrick are 2 of the best when it come too fieros. Parts tech help or just general knowledge of......,there two of the best!!!!!! Oh and if you are looking for SYMPATHY, it between S*#t and syphilis in the dictionary. Look there!!!!!!
Brian
straws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I had a bad day. I came here, and found unsympathetic folks. The moral of the story. I apologize to the mega-guru with 7000 posts, his post/reply was not exactly positive or even inquisitive at the least. However this last poster who says this mega poster and "Patrick" are the most helpful, and takes another shot at me....I am at a loss of words because you are so misguided on the topic. I have been on ebay since 1999 with the same user name and 100% feedback. Someone comes along and says what I sent was not what was in the picture. His private messages so clearly describe the condition of the parts to meticulous detail, which is all so clear in the pictures. That is what I was ranting about. This same person has current auctions telling people to "look at pictures and do not bid if you cannot see the condition of the product". He was a hypocrite, because in another message he says "I relied on your description solely". Instead of picking a fight with him, I refunded (and ebay requires I pay both his original shipping and the return shipping).

So $30...you rich folks may think this is nothing, but add the original shipping of $13 and return shipping of $13...I am out $56. Yay, I have my parts back which were better than any I have ever had on a car in the past.

So, if anyone wants to take another shot at me, just ask a general post. Over the last 5 months I have sold to 50 people here with a single complaint. I sent Handymanpat a right door scissor instead of a left. At my cost I sent the correct one, and did not ask for the last part back.

I sell in the most fair and responsible way, and will protect my sales and reputation to such vigorously. Good night.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The douchebag probably put a $30 maximum bid at the start of the auction (which to you appears as a $5 bid) Near the end of the auction, someone bid higher and stuck the guy with a $30 price. Obviously the guy is the typical cheap assed Fiero owner who wants everything for free. No point in getting a negative on Ebay so you look less credible because a cheap ass didn't want to buy the part.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The douchebag probably put a $30 maximum bid at the start of the auction (which to you appears as a $5 bid) Near the end of the auction, someone bid higher and stuck the guy with a $30 price. Obviously the guy is the typical cheap assed Fiero owner who wants everything for free. No point in getting a negative on Ebay so you look less credible because a cheap ass didn't want to buy the part.

I've run into that crap with buyers, even with new in the box parts.
straws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
again, sorry if I offended the 7000 poster; however....

I will move on. I have many parts for sale in the mall.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

If someone put a maximum bid on a part, then they are liable to buy the part for that amount. Nobody put a gun to their head to put a maximum bid amount. Nobody "stuck" the guy with the price- if he put a max bid for the part, then he needs to honor his bid. If he doesn't want to pay $30 for something, then he should have put his maximum bid lower. Simple.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

If someone put a maximum bid on a part, then they are liable to buy the part for that amount. Nobody put a gun to their head to put a maximum bid amount. Nobody "stuck" the guy with the price- if he put a max bid for the part, then he needs to honor his bid. If he doesn't want to pay $30 for something, then he should have put his maximum bid lower. Simple.

You're absolutely correct. If I know that I am going to be out of town during an auction, I'll place my highest bid and hope for the best. Most of the time I am simply outbid. But if I'm watching the auction, I try to sneak in there within the last 3 seconds to get the item.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by straws:

again, sorry if I offended the 7000 poster; however....

I will move on. I have many parts for sale in the mall.

Who are you really? Because you have a low post count and sell things you are superior to those here many years and given helpful info to anyone and in some cases even given parts away, I and many here have done that many times. Sorry having trouble with all the BS that's going on here lately.

Did you buy Cliff a beer lately or ever. Life is not fair, the idiotnet made life even less fair and trolls are everywhere. You got one bad review by someone who thought in his opinion that your description was bad, give it a brake.

Gee I must be a real ahole if you think 7,000 is a high post count. Most people here don't live to make money here, we post to help others, in tech in OT in Chat. We are not here to make money and give no help to anyone with tech problems in tech and OT. obviously you have never been in OT or you wouldn't be wining like this.

Many people here are very knowledgeable about lots of thing, need help with your computer, how about that old pickup truck, life in general or prayers for someone headed to the hospital. This isn't all about anyone of us, but all of us, some are more abrasive than others, But then I have had some serious medical problems over the last decade that have left me almost completely disabled to the point I can't even change a tire most days because of my back. This forum has helped more people than you ever will from the sounds of your postings. I haven't looked at any of your posts but something tells me they are nothing but to make you money.

Good luck in life, you are really going to need it.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everybody has a bad day once in a while--everybody eventually has a bad (or perceived bad) on-line transaction, and eventually each person will 'rant' a bit about it. I sure don't like losing or having problems with a transaction, for any amount of $$.
In the bigger scheme of things, Straw's opening post is understandable. It was just a post about a sale that didn't go as well as he'd hoped--nothing more--nothing less--BTDT myself, here and offline, as have most of us.

(IMO, post counts in of themselves, are absolutely meaningless. Lots of folks with a relatively small # of posts have done way more for the Fiero/PFF community than many of us with a lot more post counts)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-16-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock