Wear items/limited quantity parts for the 1988 Fiero by rednotdead
Started on: 05-11-2016 08:25 PM
Replies: 4 (308 views)
Last post by: rednotdead on 05-12-2016 08:34 PM
rednotdead

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm finding that a number of parts (especially suspension related) are harder to find than I'd anticipated (rear calipers, springs...) What are common wear items that I am likely to have to replace down the road, which might be a good idea to start buying right now while they are still available on places like Fierostore or RodneyDickmans? Those front wheel bearings mentioned in another thread got me thinking...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2016 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have found the worst of it. Steering racks are getting scarce. Getrag 282 rebuild kits are hard to find, esp. input bearings and output bearings. The brakes are only on the 88 Fiero, so they will be rare.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O'Reilly's had rear calipers as of a year ago - I bought mine reman'd from them.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
suspension rubber bushings
rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

You have found the worst of it. Steering racks are getting scarce. Getrag 282 rebuild kits are hard to find, esp. input bearings and output bearings. The brakes are only on the 88 Fiero, so they will be rare.

I had the input bearing replaced with Rodney's kit - here's to hoping that even if the rest of the tranny self destructs, at least that part will still be good enough to use in another 282. By output bearing, are you talking about the differential bearing? It seemed that part was relatively easy to come by, found it for sale in a few places.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock