anyone seen this car yet? 84 with 455 sc olds by aldan78
Started on: 05-08-2016 11:18 PM
Replies: 13 (628 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 05-16-2016 07:48 AM
aldan78

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just came across this tonight.

84 fiero with a supercharged 455 olds and tornado trans.

http://www.hotrodsclassicsc...-v8--seriously-cool/

[This message has been edited by aldan78 (edited 05-10-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
link not working
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2016 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aldan78:

Just came across this tonight...

I figure this is the car you're referring to.

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2016 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen it before and maybe I speak for myself but if I had to be that close to that blower belt all the time I'd need depends....
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2016 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw it in person at the 30th. It's a beautiful car.

There's a thick plastic (plexiglass?) shield between the belt and the driver's elbow.
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me personally though I don't much care if it's ballistic grade lexan I ain't crawlin in it lol. One awesome fiero though that is certain.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2016 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that car has been at Daytona several times.

Nelson
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok I fixed the link. I did the original link on my phone and it changed it for some reason.

I'll have to agree with you about the supercharger belt next to my head. The plexiglass on the front I would be ok with but I would definatly want some metal on the sides between it and my head. Anyway I thought it was pretty cool and different than the typical fiero engine swaps.

I'd love to see it in person sometime, but we don't see many fiero's in my part of the country let alone cars of that caliber.

[This message has been edited by aldan78 (edited 05-10-2016).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The owner of that Fiero is a Floridian. I've had the chance to see it many times. There has definitely been a lot of work (and money) put into it. It is HIGHLY modified, and I'm not just talking about the engine swap.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have not seen that one, but saw an 86 GT with a 500ci Caddi and Olds trans combo in Booneville Mo a few weeks ago at a swap meet. Car was a little rough. He was asking $8500 for the car.

Kevin
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

anyone seen this car yet? 84 with 455 sc olds

84 fiero with a supercharged 455 olds and tornado trans.

This has got to be my favorite "overpowered" Fiero

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-12-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd love to see it in person sometime, but we don't see many fiero's in my part of the country let alone cars of that caliber.

I'd bet he may bring it to the 35th anniversary show.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is one of the most poorly designed cars that I've ever seen. The car is definitely an oddity but the engine is so large that it protrudes into the passenger compartment.There is no firewall with the only thing separating the driver from the engine/ supercharger drive is some highly flammable and weak clear fiberglass. Look at the pictures of that interior and you will see what I mean If that supercharger pulley or belt came off during an all out run at 6,000 RPM the driver will say goodbye to his head and a blower or engine fire may end it for him as well. IMO this is a poorly engineered car. You'd have to be nuts to drive a Fiero without a firewall.
What is well engineered is Scott (Darkhorizons) 9 sec Fiero. He makes all his power with a 3800 and a huge turbo providing loads of boost while he remains protected in an unmodified passenger compartment. I'd like to see Mr Giant engine Fiero guy race Scott. Scott will blow the guy away that is if Mr Big Engine isn't decapitated on his initial run. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seen it all here, it reminds me of the VW bugs from the 60s, same engine combos 454 olds and 500 caddy eldo trany combo. I lived in Worcester, MA as a teen and there were several garages that ran cars at Epping, NH on the weekends.

It was how it was done back then, we would pull the small engines out of something, anything that had the front wheel drive engine trany setups. Caddy Eldorado had that setup, front drive, front engine as well as the olds Tornado's back in the 60s so other than beefing up the cars frame it was a drop in change. They were popular at the drag strips as an oddity more than anything else.

But that is how we did it back then, remember there was little of this drive by wire technology then. Just pure Detroit iron with all sorts of power with a proven power train. And GM had been building front wheel drive engine setups for years in the Toronado and Eldorado's back then and available fairly cheep in most cases, gas was cheep, around a $0.25 a gallon so mileage was not something we worried about back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...1966.E2.80.931970.29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Eldorado

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Riviera

The 60s was an era I loved growing up in and loved wrenching on the cars back then. Hell you could crawl right up into the engine compartment and sit down and work on the cars from there, nice and comfortable ! Try doing that in todays little cars.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock