88 3800SC F40 Build by paulsobj
Started on: 05-02-2016 11:31 PM
Replies: 2 (379 views)
Last post by: paulsobj on 05-15-2016 01:36 AM
paulsobj

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I took a few pics of what is going on at the shop. Currently we have an mostly original 88 GT Manual

It was looking a little lonely so I went on the hunt for a companion. I found a nice 88 4 cyl 5 spd with a locked engine. I had to drive 4.5 hrs to get it in eastern WI.

Looks like it was originally a red car.

So now thats all done I think i like the GT look ... hmmmm well I found a guy with a fully parted 88 GT.

Look its a Fiero on a shelf!

So the plan so far is to get a series II 3800SC out of a 99-00 GTP. Then I need to find an F40. I heard that the 07 G6 are better (noise reasons) then the 06. But I have found contradicting info about the bell housing. car-part shows that they are interchangeable (06-07). I have seen some people say that 07 needs an adapter plate? any thoughts? Well this build isn't going to start until this fall due to me moving. That doesnt stop me from collecting parts.

I also am working on a custom 88 cradle. I am going to make 10ish if people are interested. It wont be a bunch of straight pieces welded together.... that looks cheap. I plan on using a pipe bender and weld the joints. I hope that description helps. The reason for this is 1) The cradles need to be modified to fit the engine/trans anyway. Some people cant/ dont have the ability to weld. 2) The stock cradle seems a little wimpy. This also will be a project that will start this fall/winter.

[This message has been edited by paulsobj (edited 05-02-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2016 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well as usual plans change.

Today I bought a 2002 40th anniversary GTP with no title and needs valve cover gasket, LIM gasket, HP PS hose that doesn't matter because i'm deleting PS. How much? Get ready....$200! I will post more info when I get the car to the shop.

I also changed transmissions. I am getting a 02 Cavalier 2.2L vin 4 F23 (00-02 works also) and swapping the gears with a 2010 Cobalt SS F23 3.63 opt FY1 Gears.
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I moved this to one with a better title to match the build.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096715.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock